MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #166
jamaicamon
is one Smokin' Farker

Dang this is getting bad

Old 02-13-2018, 03:27 PM   #167
Mrshaunyd
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUPatrick View Post
This is like watching a car wreck in slow-motion. I feel for you. I wonder if Mr. Boston plans on replying to this thread?
I have seen some of his arguments on facebook and it always comes back to him having family emergencies or being in the hospital which if that was ever the case he should have refunded all deposits and just stopped taking money.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #168
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

[QUOTE=Mrshaunyd;3951092]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUPatrick View Post
This is like watching a car wreck in slow-motion. I feel for you. I wonder if Mr. Boston plans on replying to this thread?

I have seen some of his arguments on facebook and it always comes back to him having family emergencies or being in the hospital which if that was ever the case he should have refunded all deposits and just stopped taking money.

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-13-2018, 03:45 PM   #169
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Bobby

I literally just received a concession trailer from WOW after putting down a $1,00 deposit 11 days ago. Didn’t budget to spend another $30K on something Mr. Boston should have already sent to me.
TopItOff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 03:53 PM   #170
PatAttack

Wow...no pun intended but damn.

Looks like DB has turned out to be a real DB....

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #171
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

I wish I could calculate how much money this has cost me. I know $1000 in rent, $420 just in interest on the $10,500, and a ton of money in lost profits. Untold number of nights where I couldn’t sleep due to the anxiety from this. When you feel responsible for the partners then it weighs heavy. I got kids that expect dad to take care of me them. This has been the worst experience I have ever had with a business.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #172
Borninblue
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopItOff View Post
I wish I could calculate how much money this has cost me. I know $1000 in rent, $420 just in interest on the $10,500, and a ton of money in lost profits. Untold number of nights where I couldn’t sleep due to the anxiety from this. When you feel responsible for the partners then it weighs heavy. I got kids that expect dad to take care of me them. This has been the worst experience I have ever had with a business.
There are legal systems in place. I suggest you start the process. It's amazing what a letter from a lawyer can accomplish. I know what I would be doing, you either give me my money or I file charges. No more games to buy time hoping I go away. If I can't file criminal charges you will be sued.
Borninblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #173
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

I am afraid of how many others are going thru this that we are not aware of. I wish DB would spend his time building cookers instead of deleting FB posts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 07:01 PM   #174
Knothead
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 07:20 PM   #175
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
Don't forget Abe's. He basically did the same thing until he ran out of new orders to pay Paul.

SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 08:01 PM   #176
Built Rite
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

88Yes I will respond. 90% of the story that was just told was false. I did quote 2-4 weeks on the smoker. Never quoted a time on the trailer because of the amount of jobs we had. I also contacted Mr. Jones and let him know I would not make the deadline due to the hospital stays. So the ones that want to be sarcastic about the illness and hospital visits you have no idea but we were there for lengthy times from October of last year until she passed away on December 23rd!
Mr. Jones expected to be put in front of other customers at this point because his cost more and he didn't use it as a backyard cooker. I tried to explain tha ts not how it worked and that I went in order they were placed. He got upset called the authorities which verified to him that his jobs were in fact in the build process. Again he was not satisfied so he called his bank made a false report that I fraudulently sent the wire which is impossible. And had his local sheriff's office also look into it and was advised once again it was being worked on. Now that the banks are doing an investigation into his false dispute the account is frozen and money is being held. Therefore as lawyers, sheriff's department both agree with me that there is no deposit at this point and all worked has ceased until the investigation is completed and the funds returned to my account which they will be. At that time I advised Mr. Jones work will resume.
That is all I have to say and will not go back and forth like I did about the other because I was wrong with the way I handled the situation with Brian's build. I did not communicate well. That is not the case here, the customer has been kept in the loop.
I will no longer respond until the bank returns the money at which time I will let Mr. Jones know as well as this forum and then I will resume work on his builds.
I understand most of you already have formed opinions about me, although you are mistaken I am a big boy and will deal with the feelings or thoughts about me. But I have not been in business this long to rip people off or I'd have been out of business long ago. People look for anything to be negative about and right now I'm the center of attention. After I'm caught up I'll be forgot about and it will be someone else. I'm prepared to hear stories and rumors, by the time this is over the story will be 10 times worse than it is now. What's really funny is everyone is quick to judge but when everyone sees I'm caught up and EVERYONE got what they paid for i wonder how many posts you will see saying I guess we were mistaken Donnie did what he said he was going to do??????

ZERO! THAT'S HOW MANY

Last edited by Built Rite; 02-13-2018 at 08:21 PM..
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-13-2018, 08:22 PM   #177
Built Rite

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
I am afraid of how many others are going thru this that we are not aware of. I wish DB would spend his time building cookers instead of deleting FB posts.

How am I deleting Facebook posts? I don't run Facebook
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 08:23 PM   #178
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post
Yes I will respond. 90% of the story that was just told was false. I did quote 2-4 weeks on the smoker. Never quoted a time on the trailer because of the amount of jobs we had. I also contacted Mr. Jones and let him know I would not make the deadline due to the hospital stays. So the ones that want to be sarcastic about the illness and hospital visits you have no idea but we were there for lengthy times from October of last year until she passed away on December 23rd!
Mr. Jones expected to be put in front of other customers at this point because his cost more and he didn't use it as a backyard cooker. I tried to explain tha ts not how it worked and that I went in order they were placed. He got upset called the authorities which verified to him that his jobs were in fact in the build process. Again he was not satisfied so he called his bank made a false report that I fraudulently sent the wire which is impossible. And had his local sheriff's office also look into it and was advised once again it was being worked on. Now that the banks are doing an investigation into his false dispute the account is frozen and money is being held. Therefore as lawyers, sheriff's department both agree with me that there is no deposit at this point and all worked has ceased until the investigation is completed and the funds returned to my account which they will be. At that time I advised Mr. Jones work will resume.
That is all I have to say and will not go back and forth like I did about the other because I was wrong with the way I handled the situation with Brian's build. I did not communicate well. That is not the case here, the customer has been kept in the loop.
I will no longer respond until the bank returns the money at which time I will let Mr. Jones know as well as this forum and then I will resume work on his builds.
I didn't read an f'ing thing you posted.
You can't deliver in your stated lead time, you refund. Simple as that. You apologize, no excuses.
You're a hillbilly with no money.
Shut down your "business".
SmokerKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 08:24 PM   #179
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Here is Mr Boston’s text to me after he has been asked not to text me:

Your post still doesn't help the situation. I'm not sure why you feel your different than any other customer. But your really not. I'll let you know as soon the bank releases the funds as I told you before then progress will resume.

So you have to ask yourself something about his post, how would I know anything about his other customers. He is the one who said he would try to get us in, but he only made that comment after he missed every deadline he told us. He now claims his funds are frozen and that my deposit is tied up, so after 100+ days my deposit hasn’t been used and is still just sitting there? That isn’t factually correct since he supposedly had already been building my stuff. How is it that after 100+ days that he can’t do my work because according to him my deposit are frozen, if the money had been in the account it would have been returned when Bank of America tried to do a reversal on the wire. If I was more technical, or someone can tell me how to insert texts from my phone, I would loop everyone in on how bad this has gone down. I have a text from Mr. Boston where he clearly states that he can’t stop taking deposits since he will go out of business. He was told by me that he needs to raise his prices so he can make the same amount and build less smokers. I even offered to help him by setting up some sells as long as he could actually meet some deadlines. I have so many texts, and my BBQ guy does too, that makes it perfectly clear than Mr Boston knows he is giving out false deadlines. He does this to get the business so he can fund either someone’s build or a refund I guess.

The problem with Mr. Boston’s way of thinking is that he promised things knowing he couldn’t deliver just to get my money. That is fraud and maybe wire fraud, yet he refuses to just simply send us the trailer shell and the smoker so we can wash ourselves of him. None of my posts and none of my future posts on both Instagram and Twitter would happen. Mr Boston can try to distort the facts but he is here because I told him he was getting ruined after he told me he had a reputation in this business. I have nothing to hide in this matter and I have encouraged my business partners to share their stories about communication from Mr. Boston. He has messed with my money and the money of my partners.

I would suggest that Mr. Boston finish my stuff and quit posting before more folks jump in and share emails and texts. I can also show google reviews of his business and people waiting over a year for smokers, this isn’t a new thing.

Last edited by TopItOff; 02-13-2018 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: Misspelling

Old 02-13-2018, 08:30 PM   #180
JayQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post
How am I deleting Facebook posts? I don't run Facebook
You’re an admin for the page... ugh

Last edited by JayQ; 02-13-2018 at 08:53 PM..
JayQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist