• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sauce

and are you guys recommending the "original" with headcountry and a fine swine as well?

for those of you recommending trying out swamp boys sauce......I assume you mean the "original" and not the "vinegar" correct?

Yes, the vinegar is great to use at home especially on yard bird but the original is perfect for competition.

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Funny you say that. My first KCBS comp ever I had the bottle of Swamp Boys that came in my west coast offense bundle from BPS, and I used the Swamp Boys Original with no blending and placed 4th in chicken. Of course, being the dumbass that I am, I've never used it again. Now that you've reminded me of that, if I had a way to get some in my hands before Saturday without paying overnight shipping I would do it again. For now, I think I am stuck using Blues Hog, Head Country, Sucklebusters, or Texas Pepper Jelly. Those are the only brands that I either have on hand, or have access to locally.

True story. Also, I don't think Smokey Mountain gets enough love. Adding it to the mix has been amazing for us.

Craig's sauce straight out of the bottle works well, especially on chicken assuming the other flavors already on it work well with the sauce. Adding a little rib candy to it and warming it will also help the sauce lay out nice and even.

Craig's sauce straight out of the bottle works well, especially on chicken assuming the other flavors already on it work well with the sauce. Adding a little rib candy to it and warming it will also help the sauce lay out nice and even.

So the rib candy or the bird bath isn't something you could use by itself on chicken? I have some of those in my refrigerator right now, but none of the bbq sauce itself.

So the rib candy or the bird bath isn't something you could use by itself on chicken? I have some of those in my refrigerator right now, but none of the bbq sauce itself.

That's what the bird bath is made for. Rib candy can work as well. If you want to try the sauce I know Zinger Hardware in Austin stocks it.

I'll have to order some and try it out. Talked with Brad a little bit yesterday, and realized I should just stick to my damn program for a little while. Would have been silly to try something completely new at competition without any practice.

for those of you recommending trying out swamp boys sauce......I assume you mean the "original" and not the "vinegar" correct?

Swamp Boys Original is the one used most in contests. I had not imagined the Bootleg Red being used in a competition setting, however many people will mix a little in with the Original to make it more tangy. And a couple of splashes of BLR will make your Saturday morning Bloody Mary cry hallelujah :thumb:

Firecraft is in PA. Not too far from you. They have good sauces as well. Checkout their website.

Swamp Boys Original is the one used most in contests. I had not imagined the Bootleg Red being used in a competition setting, however many people will mix a little in with the Original to make it more tangy. And a couple of splashes of BLR will make your Saturday morning Bloody Mary cry hallelujah :thumb:

Thanks Rub! I've ordered some of the original to check it out!

• Thanks
Well my Swamp Boys original showed up a little while ago and I popped it open and stuck my finger down in and literally almost knawled my finger off!!!! Holy cow that is some damn good sauce!

I think I could eat cardboard and enjoy it if I could pour some of that sauce on it! Well done Rub, I tip my hat to you!

has anybody used Cattle Prod by BPS? how did it work and how did you mix it and how much

You should check out Wee Willys Original.... My humble opinion it really is great. It's very thin. Adds a nice candy like coating. Brings out the flavor. It what they used I believe when they win the Jack Daniels BBQ contest. I don't like to hide the flavor of the seasoning and the meat.... But enhance it.

Swamp Boys Original...That chit good!! :becky::becky::becky:

I do put that stuff on everything. Fark that Sabra hummus...I'd eat bark with Swamp Boys Original on it (pretty sure the commercial means tree bark, and for sure...I'd eat that with Swamp Boys Original on it!!).

Pretty sure the judges dig it also. Covered what had to be the worst chicken I've ever cooked in the stuff the last time out. Manged to finish inside the top half!?

May have to try one of them bloody mary's with Bootleg Red...thought I'm more likely to put that Original in my Wheaties!

• Thanks
Well my Swamp Boys original showed up a little while ago and I popped it open and stuck my finger down in and literally almost knawled my finger off!!!! Holy cow that is some damn good sauce!

I think I could eat cardboard and enjoy it if I could pour some of that sauce on it! Well done Rub, I tip my hat to you!

Swamp Boys Original...That chit good!! :becky::becky::becky:

I do put that stuff on everything. Fark that Sabra hummus...I'd eat bark with Swamp Boys Original on it (pretty sure the commercial means tree bark, and for sure...I'd eat that with Swamp Boys Original on it!!).

Pretty sure the judges dig it also. Covered what had to be the worst chicken I've ever cooked in the stuff the last time out. Manged to finish inside the top half!?

May have to try one of them bloody mary's with Bootleg Red...thought I'm more likely to put that Original in my Wheaties!

Lol, thanks guys! Can't get any better reviews than those. I appreciate your support. :biggrin1:

Back