new pellet cooker with drawer for wood chunks

Always good to try improving smoke on a pellet cooker, but man.....that chicken they were showing at 26 seconds or so looked like it had been sitting in DIRTY smoke big time.

I applaud any company that tries to improve how a cooker works.

$1200 for the 24", $1500 for the 36".

Who's gonna buy one here and let us know how it works?

Seems like you could fashion your own smoke box and suspend it over the fire pot with chunks in it.

Edit: Just saw the above post with the Smoke Daddy box. That would work, not as convenient.

When I first started cooking, it was on a gas grill with wood chips in a foil pouch. Made some pretty good food…so when I want more smoke from a pellet cooker, that’s what I do. Foil pouch with chips on the deflection shield. Want more smoke, soak the chips in water.

It looks like a nice idea and they obviously have been listening to people who want more smoke flavor with their pellet grill.

Mad Scientist has been teasing this thing for a bit and dropped his video about it today. Claims that he isn’t getting paid, but he must be getting backend affiliate or incentive money. He’s far too excited about this thing. They’ve made a huge marketing push with influencers. To me, it looks cheap and gimmicky. His Pitts & Spitts comparison looks a bit sketch. I’m having a hard time believing he couldn’t make a better brisket on any smoker.

I guess he has to pay the bills, but I’m not sold.

Mad Scientist has been teasing this thing for a bit and dropped his video about it today. Claims that he isn’t getting paid, but he must be getting backend affiliate or incentive money. He’s far too excited about this thing. They’ve made a huge marketing push with influencers. To me, it looks cheap and gimmicky. His Pitts & Spitts comparison looks a bit sketch. I’m having a hard time believing he couldn’t make a better brisket on any smoker.

I guess he has to pay the bills, but I’m not sold.

Here is the video: https://youtu.be/0VJOQSaJ4CA

Good point and this is why I like the pellet-assist / hybrid approach better where the chunks are fully combusting over top of the pellet firepot

I think you can do that with the new Camp Chef. Just leave the butterfly valve open and the chunks should burn much cleaner.

It works really good. You get about 2-3 hours of clean smoke depending on the size of the wood chunk/log and what temp you want to maintain. The tricky part is getting the chunk/log going if you intend on smoking at low temps (200-250F) since you need to initially run at around 300F to get the chunk/logs ignited.

Ive modified my Pit Boss's heat shield so i can easily reload when the chunk/logs burn up.

Back