MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-26-2021, 01:28 PM   #1
grizzly0925
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Nick
Default New Smoker Finally Getting Built

Hey all,

Pretty pumped about my new cooker being built by GreenMoneyFab out of NJ. Hit some hiccups along the way but can't wait to post pics of the unit. I was going to originally sell it after being built due to some financial stressors. Then my wife left me so i decided something good mind as well happen this year HAHA!

120 gallon in size
Collapsible stack
grill top and some other extras. Can't wait to share it with the page. Hopefully will be done by the new year!

Going to be loading up with some wood soon what is your favorite species to cook with?

Gonna try to get a half cord of cherry oak mixed.
grizzly0925 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 11-26-2021, 01:48 PM   #2
mowin
Full Fledged Farker

They make some nice pits. Congrats.
I like cherry and hickory, and there all over the place in my area.
"Elizabeth Ann" bubba grills 250 ribbox RF offset.
mowin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2021, 02:16 PM   #3
SmoothBoarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Sorry to hear about the whirlwind that is life, but I'm glad you're able to see the silver lining. A good offset smoker is a massive quality of life upgrade in my opinion, and it has often kept me sane when I'm alone for long periods of time. As for hardwoods I honestly prefer pecan + cherry. That combination has produce the best product for me and it's something I've really gravitated to over the years.

That being said really the best wood is well seasoned wood which is available in your area. As long as you're burning a clean fire it's pretty much impossible to "over-smoke" your food. The only caveat here is mesquite...a little bit of mesquite goes a hell of a long way even with a clean fire. I reserve my cured mesquite for brisket and beef short rib cooks ONLY. Mind you this is my opinion and we all know the business about opinions.

Good luck with your smoker and I'm excited to see pics or a review if you're willing. I've heard very little about Green Money Fab, but the pics on their website look like they're making some good stuff.

Old 11-26-2021, 10:31 PM   #4
rque
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Ray

Hope things go well with the new smoker. NJ should have plenty of oak, cherry, maybe hickory and maple. Season it well and it should all work just fine!

Old 11-27-2021, 03:04 PM   #5
grizzly0925
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBoarBBQ View Post
Sorry to hear about the whirlwind that is life, but I'm glad you're able to see the silver lining. A good offset smoker is a massive quality of life upgrade in my opinion, and it has often kept me sane when I'm alone for long periods of time. As for hardwoods I honestly prefer pecan + cherry. That combination has produce the best product for me and it's something I've really gravitated to over the years.

That being said really the best wood is well seasoned wood which is available in your area. As long as you're burning a clean fire it's pretty much impossible to "over-smoke" your food. The only caveat here is mesquite...a little bit of mesquite goes a hell of a long way even with a clean fire. I reserve my cured mesquite for brisket and beef short rib cooks ONLY. Mind you this is my opinion and we all know the business about opinions.

Good luck with your smoker and I'm excited to see pics or a review if you're willing. I've heard very little about Green Money Fab, but the pics on their website look like they're making some good stuff.

I will def. be posting a review up and some pics once it is finished for sure.
grizzly0925 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #6
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Very nice Looking forward to future posts
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD