MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-08-2021, 09:19 AM   #451
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

New Popdaddy You Tube - Old Country Instructional.

IN THIS VIDEO - Pitmaster T will cover:

1. How it works
2. Pressure washing = seasoning prep
3. Wire out of rust - seasoning prep
4. Seasoning
5. Benefits of burning the cabinet for updraft and quick lite
6. Shelf dimensions
7. Protecting your gaskets
8. Slow firebox rust and corrosion.

LINK TO VIDEO on youtube

LINK toFacebook Group
Facebook
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 10-10-2021, 02:16 PM   #452
Retry
Found some matches.

No idea if this video will play. Never tried to send one before.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0iXk...D_G9KYQ999-RQQ

Old 10-11-2021, 02:42 PM   #453
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Video Link

Y'all might remember the PBC series form 2012... look at my sons now.

Wheel Upgrade for Old Country Gravity Pit with Skus and install instructions.
youtube
tik tok
Facebook

Old 10-11-2021, 04:19 PM   #454
gfh
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Gaylon

Thanks! Replacing the stock wheels will be the first thing to do if Academy actually gets these in stock here.
gfh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2021, 02:18 PM   #455
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

(Long Version) Popdaddy Does - Starting up your Old Country GF pit QUICKLY with the CHIMNEY TRICK!! aka the diva/whippen sexual harassment video

Here are some technical bbq tips and tricks when installing and using the BBQ GURU automatic temperature control on a gravity feed; telling the TRUTH about these products. Note - this is the short and dirty version of this video. Its for people who need the basic facts quickly to analyze things before they act on doing or buying. This is a video about installing a grease shut off valve (cock) on your gravity pit.

Short version coming soon

Video Link
Facebook

Last edited by Pitmaster T; 10-14-2021 at 04:10 PM..

Old 10-14-2021, 02:58 PM   #456
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Popdaddy Does - How to Start up your Old Country Gravity Feed QUICKLY WITH TORCH

Long Version Video

Here are some technical bbq tips and tricks when installing and using the BBQ GURU automatic temperature control on a gravity feed; telling the TRUTH about these products. Note - this is the short and dirty version of this video. Its for people who need the basic facts quickly to analyze things before they act on doing or buying. There is a LONG version.
Having issues starting up you OCP - Lighting and start up best practices - How to Start up your Old Country Gravity Feed (Long Version) Popdaddy Does - How to Start up your Old Country Gravity Feed QUICKLY WITH TORCH

TORCH https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HRR7LTQ...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Short Version Available -
Facebook

Old 10-14-2021, 02:59 PM   #457
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Popdaddy Does - How to install a grease shut off valve (cock) on your Old Country Gravity Feed pit

Video Link

Here are some technical bbq tips and tricks when installing and using the BBQ GURU automatic temperature control on a gravity feed; telling the TRUTH about these products. Note - this is the short and dirty version of this video. Its for people who need the basic facts quickly to analyze things before they act on doing or buying. This is a video about installing a grease shut off valve (cock) on your gravity pit.
Facebook

Old 10-14-2021, 04:58 PM   #458
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

T...
I tried a small leaf blower once on my T&K gravity feed. Dumped lit charcoal in the chute, closed it up and blew air into the ball valve. It came up to temp amazingly fast. But it blew ash into the cook chamber. Foiling the bottom helped. The temp increased so fast I thought the door therm was broken.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2021, 08:08 PM   #459
SmittyJonz

Who’s Next .?

Old 11-28-2021, 03:21 PM   #460
spf520
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : Steve
Default Finally Picked One Up

Live in AZ. Working in NM. I’ll just swing by Academy in El Paso……

Sure. Why not! It’s sorta on the way.

New to the forum. Been outdoor cooking for several years.

I’ll post some of my thoughts on this beast later. Good and bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 882AD8AF-A927-4860-9D75-DD4B62294F61.jpg (28.6 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by spf520; 11-28-2021 at 03:43 PM..
spf520 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 11-28-2021, 03:51 PM   #461
mike243
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Maybe by the time they get them here I will have enough $ to buy 1 or not lol

Old 12-15-2021, 09:27 PM   #462
Backyard Greg
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : Greg
Unhappy

I bought mine the week before Thanksgiving, and unfortunately will be returning it this Friday. Not sure if I got a defective smoker or not, but I have noticed that the front of the smoker in the fire cute area is extremely too hot too touch. I haven't measured the surface temp in this area, but I would estimate it at around 200 degrees or slightly more. The rest of the cooker is cool to touch, but this area is extremely hot to touch. This doesn't bother me too much, but the lack of airflow that I have experienced with this smoker is not acceptable. From startup to get up to 275 degrees takes 1-1/2 - 2 hours - even with the fire box door open. I can even deal with this as well, and just start it up earlier, as I really want to love this smoker. The real problem is the recovery time though. My second cook was some ribs, and after taking the ribs out to wrap and put back in the smoker, after an hour, the internal temp was just barely back over 200. Also, kept nice size chunks in the fire box the entire cook with very little smoke flavor at all.
I was just about to submit my order for a new Smoke X4 w/ Billows, and I am sure that this would help tremendously, but I just got to thinking that I am trying too hard to like this smoker. I feel that a temp controller should improve on temp consistency, and be an addition and NOT a requirement. If this smoker cannot get up to, and maintain temperature on its own I just don't feel like it is a smoker that I want to keep.
Academy said that they will return the smoker since I am within my 60 day purchase, so I am leaning towards a Hunsaker instead. I REALLY wanted to love this smoker, but after a very frustrating seasoning session, and 2 cooks, I just don't think this is the smoker for me.
Backyard Greg is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:02 PM   #463
SmittyJonz

GetChaOne....... seen one at Burleson Academy Last Nite that looked Good - door closed Nice, no warpage.

I run mine on a Pitmaster IQ120 and mix chunks in the chute. Up to temp (275-300*) in an Hour and recovers pretty decent. I leave mine in my driveway and if havnt used it in a while and have had rain - it's hard to start up as charcoal in chute gets dampish - but thats my fault for not pushing it into my garage full of junk.

I use briquettes - I don't like Lump - in my experiences lump needs alot of airflow and I always had temps bounce up n down -

Last edited by SmittyJonz; 01-24-2022 at 03:11 PM..
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2022, 08:28 PM   #464
beerformeplz
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Pat

Drive 2.5 hours to get mine. First impressions after getting it home is a middle schooler must have done the welding. Replaced the casters and hardware will get it seasoned this weekend.
beerformeplz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2022, 08:29 PM   #465
beerformeplz
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Pat

And the front left wheel doesn’t reach the ground by 1/4 inch. Some washers should fix that
beerformeplz is offline   Reply With Quote