Wicked Charcoal

rowdycowboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just was wondering about this type of Charcoal and if it is that much better than reg. lump and the cost?

It is very good stuff, and quite expensive. Here is a link to the Whiz's lump charcoal data base. http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm You will find that there is no one "best" charcoal".

I use Royal Oak (R.O.) most of the time and Ozark Oak now and the when I want to spend the $$$

I recently found a local source and I'm hooked. I paid $23 for a tall bag (I cant remember how many lbs. I want to say 20-25). So it is more expensive but it's not too bad.

But here's the thing about Wicked Good: The pieces are huge and dense. Compared to Royal Oak (which was my brand of choice) it takes forever to light, but once you get it lit it burns a long time. I love it.

So would say a 10 lb bag of wicked good last longer than another brand both beind 10 lb bags? Why is the price so much is it because say a wicked good 10lb bag last as long as a 20 lb bag of something else? Does it burn longer to cut down on adding charcoal every 2 hours?

So would say a 10 lb bag of wicked good last longer than another brand both beind 10 lb bags? Why is the price so much is it because say a wicked good 10lb bag last as long as a 20 lb bag of something else? Does it burn longer to cut down on adding charcoal every 2 hours?

Yes.

IMHO it's worth the extra $. But, if you couldn't find it local and had to add shipping $, that would take it over the top.

Back