• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2018 Former Prisoners of War picnic

Diesel Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
As most if you know, for the past 4 years, we've been cooking for the Forrmer POW's support group of Ann Arbor MI.
Today was their annual picnic. I was alone on this one, my own fault messing up the date and Tom wasn't able to make it today. Missed ya Brother.

Here are some pics of the day

Rolling Thunder waiting for our Veterans

i-7WhVQVk-L.jpg

One of the Hero's arriving

i-84j4wsK-L.jpg

One of some of the group

i-FdtXm3w-L.jpg

Sorry, no before pics. But I served, Chopped brisket for sandwiches, Baby back ribs, Chopped chicken, Apple Pie baked beans or at least my version and Cole slaw.
Here's the aftermath :laugh:

i-xQNqGFV-L.jpg

It's always an Honor to do these cooks for our Veterans. And these guys are some very special ones in my opinion

Way to go Dave.

Posting in Qtalk? What will they deactivate your account if you don't post once a year?

:laugh: :pound: :laugh:

Wasn't sure this part of the forum even existed anymore Steve :shocked:

Thanks everyone, there's no other way for me to say thank you to these Hero's than to put a smile on their faces for the suffering they went through for our Freedoms

What a great and wonderful gesture for our POW Veterans. I cannot begin to know what kind of pain and suffering that they went through at the hands of their captors. Thanks to them and all Veterans for their sacrifices so we can enjoy the freedoms we have today. I Salute them all.

Back