If They Granted You One Final Wish.......

Love me some old Winwood. John Barleycorn would appreciate that old Smokey.

I appreciate your retirement plan Adams. I think it’s something I could aspire for.

Fish. Smoke. Golf. Shoot. Amen.

Tee time tomorrow at 1:36. Supposed to be 63.

Coming along fine at 1:45. I'll wrap in butcher paper later and place Inkbird Probes to track. I'm to much of a germophobe to puncture meat until well into a cook. Just one of my subtle qualities that unless I confess-no one notices, nor cares. When I wrap I will recharge the banked coals with a lit chimney and add a couple Fattys.

Last edited:
Never had the pleasure of trying a Durok anything. Can you tell the difference? Is it a richer flavor or more marbled than the ubiquitous Yorkshire?

Have always wanted to try iberico secreto as well but can't find it anywhere.

Butt looks amazing!

Never had the pleasure of trying a Durok anything. Can you tell the difference? Is it a richer flavor or more marbled than the ubiquitous Yorkshire?

Have always wanted to try iberico secreto as well but can't find it anywhere.

Butt looks amazing!

I find this article explains it better than I can. I grew up on red hogs from NE Oklahoma. Actually Hams. We didn’t smoke. We fried grilled and baked. They’ve just showed up in my area pretty regularly. Cost runs about 4X what you normally pay. A rack of ribs can be 15-20$. Is it worth it? To me it is for the points made in the article. I’ll continue to cook regular pigs. But these small Duroc shoulders taste great

https://www.kansascity.com/living/l...astes-better-than-“the-other-white-meat”.html

Butt Rub was Blues Hog
Fattys were Nekkid
No idea on cooker temp as no thermometer on cooker.
Insert of Inkbird Bluetooth showed 146*IT At approximately 2 hours. I didn’t take notes. SWAG timeline
Small meat small cooker and leave it alone to do its thing.
I added the Fattys when probe read 187* IT and I removed the Fattys off at 170* before removing pork butt.
The Fattys were closer to the bank of coals.

Everything looks great Adams. Per usual. But...what kind of knife is that...?

I Wish I still had access to the Open Nature Duroc Pork, great job on the cook and thanks for sharing.

Everything looks great Adams. Per usual. But...what kind of knife is that...?

It’s a Shrade USA made filet knife. Guess I got it late 70’s early ‘80’s. First couple I cooked I left the netting on. BiLLN schooled me in removing the net to increase surface coverage and he’s right. Sharp filet knife Makes quick work of the net and plastic.

Back