Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill Review

That Weber is going to be popular. Like others, I am happy with my present pooper, but this thing is well designed, has superior ideas, like the auger with a chute to create a break between the pellet supply and the fire box. The slottted Fire box that lets ash drop out, the pellet dump, 4 probe inputs etc. Again, like others, I am gonna wait and see if it has bugs, especially wifi. But, my spider sense tells me Weber is not going to have a lot of issues.

Probably I will get one of these. A cool experiment would be cranking that sucker to 600 with a plate of iron or a pizza stone in there and trying to cook a pizza!

The Weber is the first pellet I've had any interest in purchasing. It could be an interesting spring...

Pretty sure this grill will be a hit. However, it sticks in my craw a bit to spend $1200 plus for the privilege of plopping my first ribeye on the same type grate as a $30 smoky joe. Bring back the reversible porcelain CI type grates like the old Silver gassers or stainless as standard.

Pretty sure this grill will be a hit. However, it sticks in my craw a bit to spend $1200 plus for the privilege of plopping my first ribeye on the same type grate as a $30 smoky joe. Bring back the reversible porcelain CI type grates like the old Silver gassers or stainless as standard.

This kinda stuck out to me as well. I have no desire to ever use non SS grates

I don't know why, because I love my Yoder, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be selling my Yoder in the spring and getting one of these units! I love most of the features. I could care less about the lack of stainless grates. I have mild steel expanded metal in my Yoder. Love the auger set up, ash/grease pan, and low pellet light. We will see about the sear function........

Ed

I prefer wood and charcoal but pellet grills have their place IMO. I don't get the claim as being the first pellet grill to get a proper sear. I've never used one, but doesn't the RecTec Bullseye sear pretty well? Also months ago Kamado Joe introduced their Pellet Grill that works just like the bullseye, but better quality and it sears like a mofo too.

I’ll wait for real world reviews as well. Not American made, no stainless grates. Seems pretty smal even with the half upper rack! I’ll give the warranty on the electronics is on par for everyone else but not for the body. Need a 10 year on the body like their gassers.

Baby Back Maniac (YouTube) just uploaded a video on this as Weber invited him up to check it out. Solid video.

just watched he baby back maniac video and it was well put together. extremely excited about this grill.

If it will grill in the real world like it did in BBM video then smoke a brisket like that without having to change drip trays or anything like that it’s a game changer!

Just watched it. Steaks looked really nice. Don’t really like those wheels or the lack of shelves. Seems like they could’ve done more in that area. Looking forward to some grilling & smoking reviews!

That video has me really intrigued. Considering ordering one to try out

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Harry’s video was very good & in depth. Looking forward to some real cooking reviews!

Back