Meater thermometer fail

Lemonhead

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I bought one a few years ago and it worked for 6 to 7 cooks. I loved it. Than it would not connect to my phone anymore ( Bluetooth) which made it worthless. I got that replaced .
The new one worked for about 1 year. Maybe 7 or 8 cooks. During this year I went though a ton of batteries. They would always be dead whenever I went to use the meater. So their were times I couldn’t use it because I didn’t have time to charge the meater . Went to use a few days ago ( had to replace the battery of course) but this time the green light on charger fails to come on which basically means the charger is broke and I have my second broken meater. It’s a shame because when it works I really like the product .
I really want to buy the expensive meater block but with this happening and 2 failed single meaters I’m probably going to hold off

So sorry for what happened.But if still have some confidence in Bluetooth bbq thermometer,I think you can give Inkbird a try,besides the quality,you have one year warranty to change new one.We are on 50% discount sale now,only $24.99 get $49.99 4 probes Bluetooth bbq thermometer.Really good deal.

So sorry for what happened.But if still have some confidence in Bluetooth bbq thermometer,I think you can give Inkbird a try,besides the quality,you have one year warranty to change new one.We are on 50% discount sale now,only $24.99 get $49.99 4 probes Bluetooth bbq thermometer.Really good deal.

Ken, do you have a link to the discounted thermo?

Thanks,

Robert

That's a shame to hear since I've been using my 3 Meater probes for probably close to 2 years with no issues. They do eat batteries though, but I use rechargeables so it's not really a problem for me.

For what it's worth my buddy bought the Meater Block a couple of months ago and he's loving it so far. Although I totally understand being hesitant if you're having problems with failing probes.

Good luck with however you choose to move forward. I can't attest to Inkbird but they seem pretty popular on this forum.

My meater probe up and quit also.
Said screw it and got a fireboard. I am happy now.

Maybe the new generation ones are built better. Who knows . Why did yours quit ? I think about getting g the fire board also. Seems like a solid product

I have a WiFi (stand alone), a Blue tooth, and another WiFi stand alone.
Guess which ones get used the most?
I've been very disappointed in Bluetooth. Besides, it ties up your phone.
WiFi domajiggers don't use my phone.

Ken, do you have a link to the discounted thermo?

Thanks,

Robert

Yes Robert,check the blw link. and pic.
https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Wireless-Thermometer-Grilling-Rechargeable/dp/B076QDC5VL/ref=pd_sbs_86_3/143-9949876-0874721?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B076QDC5VL&pd_rd_r=01c97235-9f61-45c6-add3-f24d5bac186d&pd_rd_w=Oyrav&pd_rd_wg=p6ftB&pf_rd_p=52b7592c-2dc9-4ac6-84d4-4bda6360045e&pf_rd_r=80NRV5JME0AYMKWTCTGB&psc=1&refRID=80NRV5JME0AYMKWTCTGB
74574674_190759858752771_7571599053004210176_o.jpg

That's a shame to hear since I've been using my 3 Meater probes for probably close to 2 years with no issues. They do eat batteries though, but I use rechargeables so it's not really a problem for me.

For what it's worth my buddy bought the Meater Block a couple of months ago and he's loving it so far. Although I totally understand being hesitant if you're having problems with failing probes.

Good luck with however you choose to move forward. I can't attest to Inkbird but they seem pretty popular on this forum.

You should give it a try friend,won't let you down.
Besides,we have one year warranty,will resend new once has any issues.

Meater has some not-so-great reviews on Amazon where I believe people have similar issues.

I do love my Inkbird for the price, but the range sucks. (No offense meant to KenInk). I have to leave my phone in the room that's on the other side of the wall from our patio or else it's constantly sounding the alarm that the phone has disconnected from the thermometer. I think it's a limitation of Bluetooth (which I believe is cheaper and easier to implement than a WiFi based wireless system), rather than anything wrong with their design.

But if you have the budget for the Meater Block, and want something similar without all the issues, I second the Fireboard. It also uses WiFi (so has better range), is cloud connected (so you can monitor your cook from anywhere your smartphone has a Wifi or cell signal), is capable of connecting up to 6 thermometer channels with several different probe types and mounting options, plus an optional firebox blower. Seems to have very few problems from what I've read. Check it out https://www.fireboard.com/

https://amazingribs.com/ratings-reviews/thermometers/fireboard-fbx11-review

Back