• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

PSA - Old Country Gravity Fed In Stock - North AL

gfh

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Mods - apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

Academy in Decatur AL has two OCGF smokers in stock. They are going out on the floor today or tomorrow, and I looked at both of them. Neither is perfect, but they are both probably fine. One has a slight door warp at top and bottom (about 1/4 inch, maybe less) on the cook chamber door, with good gaskets and level racks. The other has a flush door, but rougher gaskets that might need to be replaced at some point, and the bottom rack is ever-so-slightly not level, but otherwise not bad.

If anyone relatively nearby is interested and wants to make a trip, you can take a look and judge for yourself. Not being nit-picky with these comments, but just wanted to give you a heads up on what's there if somebody decides to make the drive. For the money these are a deal, and they seem to disappear pretty quickly when a store gets some, so if you're thinking about a road trip you may want to call and make sure one is still there before you hit the road.

I also have a few pictures if anybody is interested and I can figure out how to post them.

Full disclosure - the reason I didn't walk away with one of these two is because I stopped by Southern Q window shopping last week while travelling down I-75, and the Limo Jr. has really caught my eye. Barring that one of these OCGFs would already have a home.

Firebox welds looked pretty good on both, and the charcoal grate has the starter holder below. Now to see if I can get a pic posted.....

Attachments

• 20211014_173003.jpg
    20211014_173003.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 41
Back