uggghhh anyone else up smoking for the 4th

billfish73

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
woke up at 4am to get the smoker ready...put 4 butts on and still have two briskets to go for our 4th party...anyone else up at this am getting their que on for the 4th?:-D

Up....booooo. I mean wahooo food in 12 hours!! Butt is on and two racks of BB ribs on the way at about 11am. Good luck everyone and happy 4th!!!

Uggggg???? This is the best time of the day. No one's needing this or wanting that...just Peace, Quiet and smoke :wink:

Got up at 3:30 to put the brisket on. Smoked 2 slabs of spares and a fatty yesterday and some meat loaf on Saturday...

I'm up now. Had my alarm set for 4:15 and I never heard it go off. Fortunately I woke up at 5:30 anyway so I'm not too far behind schedule. I just got my UDS lit and put a pork butt on there along with a brisket flat from a steer I bought from a local ranch. I'm excited to see how it turns out! Now to find some breakfast....

I'm going back to sleep, done my part. Grill it is your turn...don't let me down. Someone smells like Applewood smoke:thumb:

I'm going back to sleep, done my part. Grill it is your turn...don't let me down. Someone smells like Applewood smoke:thumb:

I can't believe you can smell me from there! There is no way my wife will let me back in bed smelling as smokey as I do. Luckily, I have my trusty old recliner. See y'all in a few hours.

Pair of pork picnics went on @ 9:30 last night... cruizing @ 170 IT at the moment.
Pulled pork sammies for lunch!

Got up at 4. Small pork butt on. Small group, but we'll eat well!

Getting ready to put 4 racks of baby backs on the wsm! Happy Independence Day all!

Back