MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:36 AM   #46
1buckie
Babbling Farker

Cool.......clean bones in no time.....and without it falling into the abyss......

I always worry about you "hanging people" & the stuff getting too done & falling off the hooks.......just an uninformed worry-wart, I guess.....
1buckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2015, 10:37 AM   #47
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1buckie View Post
Cool.......clean bones in no time.....and without it falling into the abyss......

I always worry about you "hanging people" & the stuff getting too done & falling off the hooks.......just an uninformed worry-wart, I guess.....
LOL, I'll be the guinea pig! ... The way i was looking at it as Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained type of thing. Now if I can do four 9 lbers in 6 hours without fussing with pulling and foil wrapping I'll be a happy camper...just means more sleep!

I don't think I would have tried it without a safety net so having that grate sitting below it made me feel a tad better.

There will be 4 hooks in each so I figure that will spread out the weight to 2 lbs per hook after they lose some fat weight. As long as the meat is hooked in different places and spread out it should be good. Worst case for me is i scoop it off the bottom.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2015, 10:49 AM   #48
ebijack
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : tom

Just sunday I had a pork chop go caveman while I was testing the others for probe tender. Stuff can/does fall, just got to be fast to recover
ebijack is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-15-2015, 01:38 PM   #49
creekwalker
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekwalker View Post
Thanks. To cook that hot and not need a long hot rest to make the butt tender seems remarkable. The boundary of hot 'n fast is getting more and more elastic.
What I'm looking for is someone to successfully hang butts in a tandoor oven. (But I'm betting that an hour or two of hot rest would be necessary then.)
creekwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #50
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
What I'm looking for is someone to successfully hang butts in a tandoor oven. (But I'm betting that an hour or two of hot rest would be necessary then.)
Tandoori's cook up to like 600-700*? This cook was 425* most of the cook so I'd go up to 500* I think and not be worried. Sure as heck wouldn't cook it on a grate though @ those temps unwrapped.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2015, 04:05 PM   #51
Enrico Brandizzi
Babbling Farker

Great looking pork butt and pulled pork!
Complimenti!

BBQness is on Youtube, Instagram & Flickr [/B]
Enrico Brandizzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2015, 04:54 PM   #52
zanna5910
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
I sure hope someone takes on this challenge. If i see a pork butt slapped onto the wall of a tandoori I will lose it.

The pulled pork looked amazing. Great cook there and yes, the bark looked money. I would "accidentally" save a bunch of the bark pieces.

hey, there has to be some advantage to being the cook
zanna5910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #53
creekwalker
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwismoker View Post
Tandoori's cook up to like 600-700*? This cook was 425* most of the cook so I'd go up to 500* I think and not be worried. Sure as heck wouldn't cook it on a grate though @ those temps unwrapped.
Hey, maybe you could take it out several times during a hanging cook in a tandoor and conduct serial barkectomies--avoiding carbonization and reserving all the layers to mix in with the pull at the end.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:28 PM   #54
creekwalker
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanna5910 View Post
I sure hope someone takes on this challenge. If i see a pork butt slapped onto the wall of a tandoori I will lose it.

The pulled pork looked amazing. Great cook there and yes, the bark looked money. I would "accidentally" save a bunch of the bark pieces.

hey, there has to be some advantage to being the cook
That would necessitate a barkecktomie every few seconds

Tags
butt, Jimmy, PBC style hanging