Guru on uds?

papalion

Reaction score
I have trouble maintaining constant temp. on long cooks mainly because wind shifts and or wind dies down. Would a guru solve this problem:?:
Dose anyone here use one:?:

I have trouble maintaining constant temp. on long cooks mainly because wind shifts and or wind dies down. Would a guru solve this problem:?:
Dose anyone here use one:?:

Wind shouldn't affect a drum to much, i thinks you have leaks...

if the wind is blowing hard...INTO your intakes it is going to affect the temp

I tossed a guru on Greenie once for laughs, just yanked it off the WSM and put it on. Worked very well, but it didn't cook like a UDS.
I use the drum to get a real pit "over the fire" product. It was a giant WSM.

What kind of lid you using? To hold average temp what are your settings for intake? Do you have magnets, plugs or nipples? If you have nipples how long? Do you leave lid on with NO peeking whatsever? All important things to know.

Notley Q has one for his drum. I would find an easier, cheaper route to your heat stabilization problems. What size is your intake? Exhaust? How full do you load the drum?

Notley Q has one for his drum. I would find an easier, cheaper route to your heat stabilization problems. What size is your intake? Exhaust? How full do you load the drum?
What Wyatt having you do his typing now?:biggrin:

I do use a Guru on my UDS, mailnly because I had an extra Guru when I sold one of my WSMs, and figured why not.

It holds temps fine with the Guru, I use a 10CFM fan, but would like a 15 or 20CFM.
I like that it gets up to my desired set temp fairly quickly. A Guru/Stoker is not needed for a UDS at all. If you have one, try it out, but no need to spend that kind of money on a "toy". Buy more meat!

Back