MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:49 PM   #31
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinds15 View Post
Welp I'll be the guinea pig just ordered. Should be here early next week
Where in Texas are you? [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2019, 04:23 AM   #32
Hinds15
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : BullseyeMetalWerks

South of Houston.
Hinds15 is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-19-2019, 10:14 AM   #33
SmittyJonz

Pass............

Old 11-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #34
Hinds15
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
Pass............
What's your thoughts on it?

Old 11-21-2019, 08:25 AM   #35
BBQ Diva
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I might sell my Yoder YS-1500 for this. My only issue is the controller is Bluetooth instead of WiFi.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:18 PM   #36
SmittyJonz

Quote:
What's your thoughts on it?
Might be Ok but it's thin like a Pellet Pooper - it's a Charcoal Pooper.....Burn Box may Not Last.....and it's Dependent on Electricity.............could have same Flame Out and other issues Pellet Poopers have......and I don't like Grill/Smoker Combos. Smoking in a Grill like a Weber or Kammado is Ok but it's a Grill......Most combos kinda Suck - end Up Not doing either Well............And it's Small- Capacity Sucks........still Better than a Pellet Pooper tho

I Like Reg Gravity Fed smokers........ but I got a Killer Deal on Mine .......... 16 hrs and $180 in Gas n Snacks..........

Last edited by SmittyJonz; 11-21-2019 at 12:48 PM..
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2019, 12:37 PM   #37
SmittyJonz

I like them like this: No electricity required, Plenty of Capacity, Can Run in Rain, Sleet, Snow.......... but they are not $500........I do sometimes run a CPAP on mine but I don't Have to...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SmittyJonz; 11-21-2019 at 12:44 PM..
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2019, 12:39 PM   #38
Nuco59
Babbling Farker

Mister Smitty might well be right. Given how many Brethren there are, it's almost a certainty that the truth will be known about how it performs - or doesn't- and pretty soon after release.

I'm in no position to be the guinea pig on this critter- but I am curious to know more about it.

It's dependency on electricity does not bother me much. A lot of things in my house are electrically powered. If it pans out, this would be just one more.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:55 PM   #39
HuskerMan
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
I like them like this: No electricity required, Plenty of Capacity, Can Run in Rain, Sleet, Snow.......... but they are not $500........I do sometimes run a CPAP on mine but I don't Have to...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When is the Old Country supposed to come out on market? You teased us all and then left us high and dry like prom night.
HuskerMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2019, 12:58 PM   #40
SmittyJonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerMan View Post
When is the Old Country supposed to come out on market? You teased us all and then left us high and dry like prom night.
I Dunno - Haven't Heard from Alejandro in months - several emails not answered.....Hope The Cartels didn't get Him...... ..... I was Hoping to have One a cpl months Ago........

Old 11-21-2019, 01:45 PM   #41
Raider18
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:
I Dunno - Haven't Heard from Alejandro in months - several emails not answered.....Hope The Cartels didn't get Him...... ..... I was Hoping to have One a cpl months Ago........

I heard from him back in August and the plan was to have them out by year end.
Raider18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #42
pjtexas1

I'd like to see how thick the metal is in the chute area. I was told years ago by builders that even 1/4" wasn't thick enough.

SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])

Old 11-21-2019, 02:43 PM   #43
dward51
Full Fledged Farker

I would also like to know what the grease management section looks like. Looks like the entire lower section is high heat. Thin metal & a grease fire with a blowing fan would be very concerning to me
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2019, 06:43 AM   #44
Hinds15
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post
I would also like to know what the grease management section looks like. Looks like the entire lower section is high heat. Thin metal & a grease fire with a blowing fan would be very concerning to me
The bottom is a tray that funnels the grease into a small pan. The tray is also removable (I get a picture later). First cook last night and I'm liking it. Only have 2 complaints. The masterbuilt app was hit and miss for me (have chatted with others who say theres worked great). Was having problems connecting in the beginning and staying connected throughout the cook. 2nd issue is I think the built in grill temp probe is in a bad spot. It was reading about 25 degrees higher than my thermoworks probe ( also verified using the masterbuilt meat probe). So to run it at 250 i had to turn it up to 275. Held temps like a champ though and the grill temp probe is held in place by screws so I'll probably move it to get a better reading.

All in all I think I'm going to really enjoy this sucker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191123_184521.jpg (82.6 KB, 455 views)
File Type: jpg 20191123_212246.jpg (81.6 KB, 449 views)
File Type: jpg 20191123_151026.jpg (60.7 KB, 443 views)

Old 11-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #45
pjtexas1

Quote:
The bottom is a tray that funnels the grease into a small pan. The tray is also removable (I get a picture later). First cook last night and I'm liking it. Only have 2 complaints. The masterbuilt app was hit and miss for me (have chatted with others who say theres worked great). Was having problems connecting in the beginning and staying connected throughout the cook. 2nd issue is I think the built in grill temp probe is in a bad spot. It was reading about 25 degrees higher than my thermoworks probe ( also verified using the masterbuilt meat probe). So to run it at 250 i had to turn it up to 275. Held temps like a champ though and the grill temp probe is held in place by screws so I'll probably move it to get a better reading.

All in all I think I'm going to really enjoy this sucker.
Awesome! Make a new thread and post pics of everything from every angle.