My First Naked Fatty - with PRON

qapla

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was reading threads and came across the one about the "Naked Fatty". I then went to the link about how to make a Naked Fatty - so, I decided to try it ...

I picked up some Jimmy Dean
regular.JPG

maple.JPG

Here they are with a rub on them. For this first time I used Weber Original Dry Rub
20200222_120618.jpg

They were cooked in a gas grill with a mixture of hickory and apple wood chips in a foil packet
I used a probe thermometer to monitor temp
20200222_120640.jpg

I pulled them when they reached 180
20200222_142113.jpg

20200222_142957.jpg

Would have liked a better smoke ring ... but, the flavor is good
20200222_160758.jpg

Nicely done! I can't believe you have been depriving yourself of this simple yet sensuous treat. Can't wait to see round two!

Now you're well on your way. Try a slice or two of that with your eggs for breakfast tomorrow - griddled to brown 'em up a little... lots of options from here.

I was thinking of tossing some into a batch of chili I made yesterday.

Fatty and leftover brisket chili is a win-win-win! I speak from personal experience on this one.

I was thinking of tossing some into a batch of chili I made yesterday.

Fatty and leftover brisket chili is a win-win-win! I speak from personal experience on this one.

I should mention, I am NOT from Texas ... I live in Florida and was originally born in Philly ....

There are BEANS in my chili along with ground beef - no brisket

But, I still think I will try adding some of the fatty when I reheat the chili

That said - I bet your brisket chili is good ... send me some the next time you make it

I should mention, I am NOT from Texas ... I live in Florida and was originally born in Philly ....

There are BEANS in my chili along with ground beef - no brisket

But, I still think I will try adding some of the fatty when I reheat the chili

That said - I bet your brisket chili is good ... send me some the next time you make it

I have to confess:
I'm from Texas and I like beans in my chili! :pray:

Now you're well on your way. Try a slice or two of that with your eggs for breakfast tomorrow - griddled to brown 'em up a little... lots of options from here.

Serving suggestion: Green Chile Sausage Fatty, HP Sauce, American Cheese, Fried Egg in a sandwich format.

qCGanKil.jpg

Oh yeah... and COFFEE.

YMMV.

Once I jumped on the Fatty Bandwagon I never looked back, I try and keep some packaged Fatty's in the freezer at all times.

Whatever you do, DON'T google Naked Fatty [emoji50]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice work!

I like to smoke a sausage log to about 140 IT and let it cool.

Slice it up, and freeze for whatever my Breakfast Queen wife decides she needs it for.

Confession time: I've never cooked a fatty. In my defense I'm not sure the local stores even carry logs of sausage anymore.

Back