ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I've never made CSRs before... but since the local Albertsons is selling them at $0.97/lb, I figured I'd give 'em a go.

Charleston Pig Company, Everglades, and Smokin' Guns Hot grace 3 sets of 3 CSRs each, so we'll see how things go from there.

I'm in MSU mode, having enjoyed researching the cut of meat and seeing plenty of your cooks throughout the years.

nyTQeZQl.jpg

VwQ9IXFl.jpg

N6EvQ3cl.jpg

Right. Now, where's that Austin Eastciders Original got to?

Marc,

Been away from the forum for a short time, but I do love to follow your cooks. CSR's are awesome, following this thread.

Do those cook like a Boston butt?

I'm planning to cook 'em until I like their color... wrap 'em in foil and probably include some applesauce (like I do with "regular" ribs), and let 'em braise for a while in their own juices. Maybe some will get a glazed look in their eye. Maybe they won't. I'm always open to suggestions.

I have some babybacks on now, our local Kroger has them BOGO this week, but if they had CSR's for .97/lb, you can bet I would be cooking those right along with you. You will certainly turn that inexpensive purchase into a million dollar meal!! You have to post a pic of Munchkin with BBQ sauce all over her face from attacking them.

Marc, Them CSR's look like a great meal to be had.
I take them slow and low for about 1 1/2 hr or about 150*, then do a glaze for another 20 mins. Then add a little char on a hot grill!

I am going to try using apple sauce as a glaze one of these cooks, I like that idea.

You have to post a pic of Munchkin with BBQ sauce all over her face from attacking them.

I hope so. This is the kind of day we've been having.

Mk9w3Jgm.jpg

15 minutes with her nose in the corner, no screen time, no bicycle, and CINCHOUSE even had to fire off the nuclear option with no gymnastics class on Tuesday. :shocked:

:pray: Please, Lord, help this child learn to make better choices.

I'm jealous. I still can't cook CSR's worth a damn. That, and pork steaks. :noidea:

Lookin good Marc. After the munchkin get's out the corner give her a big hug for me and Short Stuff.

I like what I'm seeing out there.

Opened up the foil packages and gave the mild ones a baste with Spanx and the spicy ones with 4 Rivers Hot. They're all probing nicely tender. Probably about 20 more minutes, and they'll be ready.

WRF0jdll.jpg

lIF6IeYl.jpg

Mp3wg3gl.jpg

Marc,

Awesome cook! I was brought up on CSR's except I have to imagine your CSR's are much better than the ones I had.... That looks like one happy kid!

Thanks,
Greg

Do those cook like a Boston butt?

The problem with CSRs atleast in my part of the country is every store uses a slightly different cut. Some of them are pretty much sliced Boston butt or shoulder and some of them are nearly like a pork loin. So the “same” cut of meat but 2 very different cooking methods.

Back