Overnight Brisket?? Other stuff tomorrow

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gathering tomorrow night turned into a lunch. So now doing my first overnight cook in I can't even remember just for fun vs starting at 5:30am.

24lb prime in at a luke warm 200 around 8pm. So let's see what happens......used to do low at events overnight so not a foreign concept.

Got rib tips and some thighs tomorrow too.20200221_080302.jpg20200221_081610.jpg20200221_082353.jpg20200221_194507.jpg20200221_194622.jpg20200221_194658.jpg

I thought that by overnight that you were going to be staying up all night feeding the little Shirley, but you are taking the "I'm too old for that stuff" route and using the Pit Boss. Smart!! Can't wait to see what other 'interesting' things make it on to your menu.

Nice! I thought you were going to go old school and bust out the new Shirley and keep it low and slow all night....pooper won out huh?!?

Edit: Ron, I guess we think alike. Maybe Jason will reconsider

Can we really call it an over nighter if you're sleeping?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice! I thought you were going to go old school and bust out the new Shirley and keep it low and slow all night....pooper won out huh?!?

Edit: Ron, I guess we think alike. Maybe Jason will reconsider

All night with a stick burner?? :shock:

I had my 5-13 Bartles & Jaymes and am now in bed. I guess that smoker is still going :confused:

I’ve done quite a few that way and they always turn out great. Put the brisket on around 10 PM and let it run at 180* for 12-13 hours then wrap and turn it up to 300* for 3-4 hours. On the copperhead 5 as well. Granted I do have a rectec controller in it, so I can check on it while I’m in bed lol.

Man, with those collards, you are going full-blown southern cuisine. I never ate them as a kid, but my wife cooked some after we were married, and of course I had to try them, and they weren't bitter. She puts a pinch of sugar in the pot when they are almost done to take care of that.

Looks great! One of my old Co workers made greens almost every day and taught me to make collards years ago. The big thing is that they have to cook a long time to make them tender.

She told me to rip them into pieces instead of cutting them and to not use the mid rib that runs up the center because it makes it bitter.

Lots of water, add something smoked to the pot (I usually use smoked bacon). Then add some brown sugar and a splash of apple cider vinegar and cook for a long time.

If you changed dinner plans to lunch on me you're getting grilled, not smoked. Great job of adapting there!

Back