• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My Name is Stlsportster and I Have An Addiction to Oakridge BBQ Rubs

Sorry to drag up an older post, but I came across this around Christmas time last year and meant to respond, but the Holiday craziness grabbed a hold of me and it took me forever to find it again. What I meant to say back then and even more now, was this...

I am humbled to tears (literally) by your kindness and love. Even reading through it again today months later has me welling up all over again. I am so eternally grateful for everyone's support here on the BBQ Brethren. It truly is the best place on the entire earth to learn and share about barbeque. I have been so blessed the past 10 years as our business has grown by leaps and bounds, no doubt in huge part to the love exuded here on this forum. However, it hasn't all been great. The past several years have been really tough as we have been in the "tween" years of our business where we're too big for our current location, but too small to really move somewhere bigger and market pressures & increased competition has made it even harder to make a living in this space. Plus, nearly dieing twice in 2017 and fighting through partial paralysis didn't help much either.

I go through bouts of insecurity and doubt about the brand I have created. Often times feeling broken and inferior to other brands on the market, even though I KNOW we are the best rub in the world. But, I come on here and find posts like this one and my hope and strength are renewed. It really is humbling hearing all of your positive comments and feeling the love you all share for the brand I have created. Honestly, it makes it all worth it.

So, to everyone here on this very special chunk of the internet -- I say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

Mike Trump

Master Blender, Oakridge BBQ

If you'd like to learn more about the passion I pour into my rubs, I invite you to listen to my interview with Kevin Sandridge at The BBQ Beat Podcast --> https://bbqbeat.com/oakridge-bbq/
Keep fighting brother!

If you'd like to learn more about the passion I pour into my rubs, I invite you to listen to my interview with Kevin Sandridge at The BBQ Beat Podcast --> https://bbqbeat.com/oakridge-bbq/

That podcast episode was amazing. I really learned a lot about you, your company, and spices in general. I send out a lot of gift packs to friends/coworkers that are into cooking/grilling/smoking. Oakridge is always in there-they have something for every category.

A friend was helping me clean out my cupboard yesterday and when we got to the spice and rubs drawer she commented on how many of Mike's products I had. I do have some from other companies but nowhere close to as much as Oakridge.

I've seen how much Mike has contributed to the Brethren with his Cabo support and to other charities without a moments hesitation. There's some other rub sellers on here that could learn a lesson from him. :)

I have a question that is somewhat time sensitive.
Got bone in turkey breast brining in Game changer.
Can I use that same brine as an injection before tossing the bird on?

I finally tried Black Ops. One of the last rubs to try from Oakridge. I think i like it better then SPOGOS and Carne Crosta. Its awesome

I have a question that is somewhat time sensitive.
Got bone in turkey breast brining in Game changer.
Can I use that same brine as an injection before tossing the bird on?

For me, it's one or the other, not both. So, I wouldn't inject if I had already done the immersion brine.

Mike, so sorry to hear about your health. I understand about the insecurity, I struggle with that myself from time to time with my business, but let me assure you that you have no reason to doubt your products. They truly are amazing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mike,

I'm a huge fan of your rubs, and there's NO doubt in my mind that you make them out of the love of the art.

May your health and business grow, and I wish you continuing success. :-D

50/50 SPOGOS and Carne Crosta on some ribeyes. It was good, really good, but I think I'd prefer a tad more CC so gonna do another test with a different balance. Misses commented that it had just a little to much garlic taste coming thru.

19bc3c39594ffae9eab52f815a1d0172.jpg

Back