Not Q but Roasted chicken -

mchar69

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Thomas Keller says to S+P your chicken, then roast it at 450 for one hour or so.
My 1st one was perfect. Costco.
Jadh5QPl.jpg

TODAY's had 550 grams of fluid after roasting, plus I spilled some.
That's about one pound of fluid under the chicken.
Comments?

Actually, that pic shows on the left the pan I cooked the 1st chicken in- and very little fluid in it, 1/4" or so..
Today that pan would be full.

Was the second chicken from a different store or a different brand? Did you cook both birds the exact same way?

Was the second chicken from a different store or a different brand? Did you cook both birds the exact same way?
Both from Costco, both cooked exactly the same. The one in the pic is the 1st one.
And believe it or not, taste better than the rotisserie ones - the ones in our Cosatco really have no flavor - nice and moist, but bland.

That bird looks awesome. We've tried that recipe and it turned out pretty good too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great looking bird! I was at mySam's Club and noticed that the raw,whole chickens in the meat cooler were the same price as the cooked rotisserie ones.I bought 2 raw and 1 rotisserie cooked one.I only buy the raw ones now and cook them myself.The already cooked ones are convenient if you are gonna make something out of them like stated above,enchiladas,etc.and add a lot more flavor.

Rotisserie equals flabby skin. Been roasting at 425, grill and oven, for years and nothing like crispy skin with juicy meat.

Rotisserie equals flabby skin. Been roasting at 425, grill and oven, for years and nothing like crispy skin with juicy meat.

:confused:When I used the rotisserie on a Weber or the Joetisserie on my BGE I'm not getting flabby skin. However when I'm done cooking my bird doesn't get stuck under a plastic dome to steam.

Back