I got my Grillgun

While I think it is a neat looking tool, realistically, how many do you think they will sell at $140? I get that it seems to have a tighter flame versus a weed burner, but is it worth 7 times the price of a Harbor Freight weed burner?

Just asking.

Robert

I don't see any place on the Kickstarter page to get the product...it just refers you to their now up and running website where the price is almost double the Kickstarter cost.

It's a cool product but it takes me probably 30 seconds to light my charcoal with my propane weed burner. Yes, the GrillGun is cool, but it wouldn't have much utility for me...though I must say I'd like to have one. haha

I place my chimney on my camp chef stove and it smokes in a few minutes. Neat gun but entirely superfluous. I need the time between lighting and cooking to prepare the food anyway.

Would you need both guns...couldnt you just get a grill gun and use it to sear as well as fire up the grill?

I place my chimney on my camp chef stove and it smokes in a few minutes. Neat gun but entirely superfluous. I need the time between lighting and cooking to prepare the food anyway.

I’m trying to think of how I’d use one of these if I had one.

Roasting peppers for chili?

I can only think of lighting the charcoal for my Kamado and my WSM. If I had a stick burner, I'd use it to light it too.

Seems like it would be good for burning stuff off of your grates or warming up the inside of your smoker before a cook so that it got up to temp faster.

Don't know that I would try to sear food with it if I had it, but that's just me. Others may find it to be just the ticket.

It does look like a nice addition though

I just received my Su-V gun and while it appears to be a very nice product, I probably won't use it as much as others. I just listed mine on ebay....

$19.99 at Harbor Freight or $29.99 for the auto light version.

lacQel0.jpg

Back