Spring 2018 Tri-State Bash Planning

Alright single day event, we have NJ and PA interested so far. Anyone have a location that we can use free or low cost where we can fire up the smokers and consume some adult beverages. Also how far is everyone willing to travel. I’m going to post this in Q talk to see if we get any further interest.

maybe look at venues that have hosted BBQ contests? Or look at like American Legion Halls?

there used to be a 1 day rib cook off near me (has grown to full KCBS and moved to a slightly different area) but they used the parking lot of the American Legion Hall in that town. And the Hall had a bar that was open and draft beers were like $2. There is a kitchen, etc.

I am in the minority, I enjoy camping and backpacking, so I'd pitch a tent too and rough it but if you find a nice Legion Hall or some social hall like an Elks Lodge it could be beneficial.

Looking at the logistics of this, it seems to be more for those from the eastern side of Pa. It's at least a 4.5 hr. drive from Pgh. to Philly which is about my limit to drive.

http://www.co.butler.pa.us/Parks-and-rec-shelters

I only know the Butler area. If you guys have a more central location like this it might work. If you are ok traveling west this is a nice park. Probably not the most central location. I am free most Saturdays. We can get a small shelter here and get an alcohol permit or skip alcohol if you would prefer. Probably not the best location as most of you are out East. It would be 50 for the shelter and 30 for the permit. So $80. $50 if we skip the alcohol.

I'm with him ^^^^ . Just work a lot and have to know ahead to see if doable. 3-4 hours is my limit as well. Not the island! What about somewhere like oneonta NY, right off 88, good campground up in that area, close to some hotels, close to cooperstown, omegang brewery etc. Also look along the NYS thruwy. easy access from most areas.

I'm with him ^^^^ . Just work a lot and have to know ahead to see if doable. 3-4 hours is my limit as well. Not the island! What about somewhere like oneonta NY, right off 88, good campground up in that area, close to some hotels, close to cooperstown, omegang brewery etc. Also look along the NYS thruwy. easy access from most areas.
Its 6.6 hrs away for me. I would make the trip though. I would just need to take a few days off so I don't fall asleep at the wheel. Just saw that you posted. I will bring my 270 Sumo. Let me know if we get something together.

Back