Traeger pellet class action suit dismissed for now

JWFokker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
https://amp.statesmanjournal.com/amp/5217056002

The juicy bit:
The proposed class action in Utah district court alleged Traeger sells 14 different types of wood in the pellets it sells as the Traeger Brand.

The suit alleged the pellets the company sells as apple, cherry, pecan, mesquite and hickory contain less than 1/3 of the advertised wood and the oak and alder pellets contain varying amounts of the advertised woods depending on where they are manufactured.

It alleged the wood used was flavored with oils to create the flavor of the advertised woods.

Traeger has used its same production process the past 16 years, according to the company.

Traeger’s advertising says it uses “100% natural, food-grade hardwood” in pellets, with small amounts of food-grade soybean oil added as a lubricant for its machines in the pellets.

Sounds like semantics to me. If I had to guess I would say that the lawsuit will continue to fail if they press on. People that actually research might avoid the product, others will be perfectly happy with whatever they get from that grill and/or pellets. I don't really feel that anyone is being seriously harmed from this. Really just sounds like a waste of time for everyone involved actually.

Back