• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork Riblets

Joshw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well my Yoder was feeling jealous, since my last 2 cooks were on the new toy. Luckily the store also had riblets on sale. Rubbed them with BPS Money, let them sit for about 5 hours, cooked at 250 for a little over 4 hours. and added simply marvelous Poptitude as a finishing rub. I thought the Money was good, but really liked the Poptitude. This is the first time I have ever used a finishing rub, and I will be playing around with the technique.
picture.php

picture.php

are the riblets the meat they cut off of spares to make st. louis cuts?

Curious about riblets? Are there bones in there or are they rib-adjacent?

are the riblets the meat they cut off of spares to make st. louis cuts?

The term riblet is used pretty loosely, so I have seen different cuts, called riblets. Sometimes they do label the sternum section of a rib, riblets. I have also seen rib tips labeled riblets. These particular ones, are actually button ribs. They are cut from the side of the spine, from just in front of the hip. So they are closer to a back rib than a spare, although they technically aren't ribs at all. Since they are cut off the spine, they do have quite a few small flat bones, which come from the vertebrae.

Looks great! I like riblets.

Hard to go wrong with pork. Not sure why, but they remind me of chicken wings. Maybe because every time you finish one, you want another. I think I might do some more, and finish them with a hot wing sauce.

Another Big Poppa fan here. Looks delicious Josh!

Back