Happy Friday Farkers...What's Cookin' This Weekend?...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Friday Night Steak Night...tonight...ribeyes. :p Not sure about Saturday and Sunday...have a great weekend folks! :biggrin:

I was waiting for you McG.!:-D
Tomorrow I'm going to a cooking workshop of our Dutch Grand Poobah.
Sunday it's probably going to be RudolPh.

Experimental weekend here. First off is Pastrami. I bought a packaged corned beef, and when I opened it I had a point and a flat. So two peices two methods. Both soaking in the fridge, rub, smoke over pecan until 170* then foil one with some water and back on the smoker until 180*. The other will be foiled and put back in the fridge annd steamed on Sunday until interanls are 200* NY Deli style. To go along with this is homade light rye bread and Bannana Pudding. MMMMMMMMMMM

digging out this weekend...starting today. Been out twice already since yesterday afternoon.

Nothing planned for me except I might season some meat for making Beef Jerky.

I've still got a whole smoked chicken wrapped in foil from my RO Lump UDS long burn tests (the BBQ Widow was talking about turning that into a killer pot of smoked chicken/veggies soup). I've got 2 sexy looking pork chops foiled from the Pork chop throw down (so pretty I hate to eat em). Might even have a couple of brats and burgers in the fridge from the Stubb's briquette grilling test.

I'm hoping the son will visit soon so I can send him home with leftovers, making room for me to cook something new and fresh!

Curry something comes to mind. :shock:

Anyone smoke goat?

2nd attempt at the mother-in-laws birthday party. Last weekend she got the flu and I threw my back out. I had an epidural yesterday so hopefully I'll be good. I will be cooking at least 3 slabs of spares and reheating the vaccu-sucked bags of brisket from last weekend. Maybe steaks tonight or tomorrow night.

I had an epidural yesterday so hopefully I'll be good.

BE SAFE!!! Take care of that back, I feel your pain.
Man I hate that stuff, had 6 epidurals between 1998 and 2003, surgery in 2004. Don't let that chemical cocktail in your spine trick you into lifting anything heavier than you would when you can feel the pain.

I thinking tomorrow I will cook 2 or 3 slabs of ribs and practicing on my skills for ABT's, Moink Balls and Fattys. Tonight is steak night at our local Moose Lodge and I will cook my own steak on their grill. Hopefully the weather will let up for those who have been house bound. I really don't know how all of you do it. I would be absolutely stir crazy. Best of luck to all and have a Great Weekend.

Unfortunately i'll be cooking nothing. Mother-n-law had a stoke and i'll probably be at the hospital all weekend with my wife. Sometimes having fun on the weekends has to go on the back burner.

Got an 8 lb pork loin I'm going to cut in half and use one half for pork chops (Not cooking fully as they will be breaded and fried after absorbing some smoke) and the other half will be a smoked roast.

We have a nephew's birthday party tomorrow, but hoping to fire up the UDS Sunday with a boston butt and a fatty. Been jones'n for a cook all week

Unfortunately i'll be cooking nothing. Mother-n-law had a stoke and i'll probably be at the hospital all weekend with my wife. Sometimes having fun on the weekends has to go on the back burner.

God Bless, hope all turns out well.

Prayers for your family.
pray.gif

well i have a full weekend. today i have 60lbs of pulled pork on for a power plant catering. a thing of bologna to snack on. 12 chicken pieces to try a new chicken rub for comps. then tomorrow i have 30 racks of spares and 30 pieces of chicken for a firemans dinner and then sunday a family dinner dont know what im cooking for that.have a good weekend all

I got some beef ribs and pork ribs so far I would like to throw some more on but not really sure. One thing I have thought about tryin is makin a fatty with venison. Guess we will see.

Back