Unique Rib Wrap Recipes?

sknabnoj

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey all - I've messed around quite a bit with what I put in my foil for wrapping ribs. I've done the traditional margarine, brown sugar, honey, hot sauce and rub. I've mixed in coke before, tried pork stock and a bunch of variations with those. It got me wondering if any of the brethren have a special concoction you like to use when wrapping ribs?

If you don't wrap ribs - all good - I do it that way too! You do you - just que!

Guinness beer and onion slices in the foil wrap.
When the ribs are done strain and pour the liquid with the Guinness beer, onions and pork rib juices into a sauce pot (reseason to taste).
Get some corn starch and water and mix into a slurry.
pour the slurry into the beer mixture and bring to a boil this will make a gravy like consistency.
Use that to dip your ribs in as a sauce or mix in rice or whatever you wish.

Guinness beer and onion slices in the foil wrap.
When the ribs are done strain and pour the liquid with the Guinness beer, onions and pork rib juices into a sauce pot (reseason to taste).
Get some corn starch and water and mix into a slurry.
pour the slurry into the beer mixture and bring to a boil this will make a gravy like consistency.
Use that to dip your ribs in as a sauce or mix in rice or whatever you wish.

Dayumm... sounds great! I'll try this one for sure!

What else do the brethren have out there?

I like to put grape jelly in sometimes. Sounds strange but it works

1/2 cup of red wine, usually a syrah or merlot, but any red will do. Always do this and I really like the flavor profile. I also usually apply Sweet Baby Ray’s

Back