Weber briqs vs KBB

Kanco Connection

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
As was posted a couple days ago, Target has their Weber briqs on clearance right now. I hear it's really good stuff, so I loaded up. I've been using my PBC a lot lately and I've only used KBB in it so far. Anybody have experience using Weber briqs in the PBC? Or an impression of them generally?

I used them for grilling some cheap steaks last night. I noticed only a bit of smoke from the initial lighting of the briquettes in the chimney which settled down long before the the top coals got going. The coals seemed to burn hotter than kbb (temp gauge on kettle lid read higher than ever before, no ir gun at home to verify at the time and heat from grill felt much hotter than the other times using any briquettes). A big thing I noticed, or didn't notice, was any noticeable flavor added to the meat. No chemical or odd tastes, no wood smoke taste, just the meat. Any flavoring added was very minimal. No smoke from the kettle once the coals were added, just clear heat. Looking forward to trying them in the smoker with some wood chunks. I did buy a bunch of bags, but I'll probably go back and get some more bags too before they are all gone. I had 3-4 cups or so of ash from 1 weber chimney full.

Just did my first longer cook with them. Cooked some beef ribs in a kettle. Went great. Id say they burn hotter but I got about the same distance as KBB in a ring. Super consistent in temp. No off flavors at all. Had some oak chunks on top and that would be all of the flavor I got from the cook. Really good stuff. I plan on going back and getting more before they run out. I will prolly grill with the KBB I have in the garage until I run out. These were great for the longer cook.

On a side note I think half of the price is the bag they come in. Not sure I need a bag made of that material with a zipper. Hoping they find a way to lower the price so I can buy them when they are not on clearance.

My local just dropped today to the low ..$5.98 with 30 bags in stock..

Probably go pick up 5 this morning.

i called and my local store still has them at $9.98. i will keep calling until they drop to 5.98 and then i will probably grab what they have left. brick seek shows them at the same store for 5.98.:confused:

One thing I like better, is that since the Weber's are about double the size, they are much easier to reuse. I can get about 3 or 4 cooks out of a set. I do add a couple fresh ones each time.

Friday I plan on picking up few bags. My wife is Target employee so I get discount on top of that

:clap:

Pj, I'd go and scan one in person...someone here mentioned it was tagged wrong but rang up lower at check out. I'll be snagging 5 bags on the way home today.

Pj, I'd go and scan one in person...someone here mentioned it was tagged wrong but rang up lower at check out. I'll be snagging 5 bags on the way home today.

i bought a bag yesterday at 9.98 just to try it out. i will light some tonight. i gave them the dcpi number over the phone to make sure they didn't just look at the tag on the bag. i am doing all i can to not miss out on this when they lower it to 5.98.:becky: i'm just afraid they are going to question me eventually for walking in every day and walking right back out without making a purchase.:laugh:

I tried to buy some today at my local store. They showed 36 in stock, but no one could find a single one.

One store had them in the back corner where seasonal items are. At another store, they were on a clearance end cap up at the front corner next to groceries.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

who showed the stock, brick seek or target?

Customer service, then their supervisor, who was pissed about not being able to locate a pallet filled with 20 lb. bags of charcoal.

Back