Rockford, IL

akoda

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone know about Rockford,Il. I need to travel there in the next few weeks. Is there a better airport to fly into than Chicago? A little extra drive distance may be better than Chicago traffic?

on edit it looks like Madison, Wi is closer than Chicago :)

I have flown into Madison often, that may be my best bet

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
Can you fly into Rockford directly?

I'm there on business annually. Its an industrial town. Typical little big city. Similar to Chicago, just smaller. Similar problems.

Milwaukee airport might be closer than Chicago, not sure.

I was looking at RFD, looks like from their website on allegiant flying commercial in there. I'll need to travel there twice between now and Mid March from Richmond, va

Can you fly into Rockford directly?

I'm there on business annually. Its an industrial town. Typical little big city. Similar to Chicago, just smaller. Similar problems.

Milwaukee airport might be closer than Chicago, not sure.

The drive from O'Hare to Rockford is all interstate, and O'Hare is on the edge of Chicago, so unless you hit the middle of the evening rush, the drive shouldn't be too bad.

Now Midway... That's a whole different story. :-D

One place you'll need to go is the shed, or farm shed, machine shed or something like that.

It's really an Iowa thing, but that is the location closest to us. I still haven't gone.

Comfort food, pure and simple.

And Iowa comfort food means breaded pork tenderloin, one of my favorites.

If you fly into Madison, north and south has awesome brisket. Beef butter is close to the airport and they have great brisket as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the Q spots in Madison Peteg.

Had brisket at Eldorado, tasteless with a crappy sauce on it. Their breakfast are great there but brisket is probably done in an oven.

Back