• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cool Breeze in Texas, Brisky is ON!

B

Black Dog BBQ

Can you believe it? Finally a break from the heat! I'm celebrating by doing a little cook on the VUDS (very ugly Drum Smoker) Tried the Funk Master tri-level method this time. VUDS running about 285 right now. Threw in a few chunks of hickory and apple wood because ...well it is all I had.

First pic is VUDS My other UDS is at the lake, forgot to bring it home yesterday, but that is OK I might go back now the unrelenting heat wave has finally relented.

LDCOOK001.jpg

Here is the brisket 1 hour into cook

LDCOOK002.jpg

Here is Stonewall Jackson guarding the stick burner. We transported from Lake yesterday in preparation for upcoming charity cook. Will keep ya posted on progress. We plan to cook some spares, beans and fatty for gathering tomorrow also.

LDCOOK003.jpg

May your brisket turn out better than my last!

If you're a statistics kinda guy you can almost be assured it will! Ha.

Sweet!

Golden or labradoodle? We have a golden whos 2

It is very pleasant at the doghouse right now. I actually sat on the patio with psycho-poodle for a while this morning. It's supposed to be even cooler tomorrow, with a high down near 80. :clap2:

I'll have to fire up the WSM tomorrow. :-D

CD

It is really nice out there now! Opened up the Black Dog Saloon (game room) it has been so hot the AC would not cool it off. It is nice in here now. enjoying a sip of whiskey and some tunes with Stonewall Jackson while we monitor the VUDS temp.s.

Hurray for the cooler temps! I'm smokin' a pork loin to celebrate. Good luck with your brisky

Beef RIbs for me to celebrate today's cool front.... Happy Cooking...!

Back