• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

MAK Grills talk/pics/thoughts/reviews and appreciation thread

Turned out really well. Some rookie needs to smash them a little thinner!!
48488db3c58b3b35c3822d40ec7e8fcf.jpg

c3e46931fd03435d67d510e3f5fd3460.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having a hard time with the benefits of a griddle on a pellet cooker compared to GG turned over, a griddle or a frying pan. Just trying to understand :noidea:

I'm having a hard time with the benefits of a griddle on a pellet cooker compared to GG turned over, a griddle or a frying pan. Just trying to understand :noidea:

In this case, I’d have to say the advantage would be having almost every sq” of grill real estate transformed into a griddle. If cooking a large amount of food, that can be awfully nice. Personally, I prefer the 800+ sq” that my 6 burner Camp Chef offers. Big family issues :)

I’ve only used it twice. So far I really like it. I don’t have just a dedicated Stand alone griddle. So I can’t compare the cooking or cleaning aspects. I only cook for 4-5 most of the time so it’s has plenty of room for me. I just squirted a little water On the surface while it was hot & scraped the big bits with a plastic scraper. Then when it cooled, soap & water. So far so good. It’s just something else to add to the MAK arsenal!

Well after 2 years of researching pellet grills I finally picked up a used Mak 2 Star. Going to run a pork butt and A rib roast for 4th of July. I was about to order a American BBQ Systems Pit Boss with a pellet attachment but found a great deal on a 2019 Mak 2 that I couldn't pass up. Wish me luck new Family!

Welcome Al!!!

Fire that dude UP!!!

Already set brother, Pork butt smoking @ 235
Gonna go pick up Lumber jack pellets(20lbs $14.99) @ dicks or do you recommend B&B Pellets (40lbs $14.99)?

Well after 2 years of researching pellet grills I finally picked up a used Mak 2 Star. Going to run a pork butt and A rib roast for 4th of July. I was about to order a American BBQ Systems Pit Boss with a pellet attachment but found a great deal on a 2019 Mak 2 that I couldn't pass up. Wish me luck new Family!

Congrats, and welcome to the MAK family! Pics of your new baby?

Gonna go pick up Lumber jack pellets(20lbs $14.99) @ dicks or do you recommend B&B Pellets (40lbs $14.99)?
Try them both and see which ones you like better. If you end up not liking one for smoke, they still work great for high-heat cooks! And you may find you like one for one type of smoke, and another brand for a different one. No one-size-fits-all here.

What's the chances that a MAK 2 Star could come close to replacing a Weber Kettle, Weber gasser, and 15 year old Traeger?

The comptroller said I could swing the bat as long as the MAK is the only grill on the patio.

Attachments

• IMG_20200704_123457.jpg
    IMG_20200704_123457.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 89
What's the chances that a MAK 2 Star could come close to replacing a Weber Kettle, Weber gasser, and 15 year old Traeger?

The comptroller said I could swing the bat as long as the MAK is the only grill on the patio.

That’s a very subjective question... lol. For me, if absolutely would replace those... and it did and more. The only other cooker that I MUST have is a large dedicated griddle. In addition to my 2 Star, I currently have a huge Camp Chef griddle which sees a ton of use. The 2 Star is my all time favorite cooker to date :)

Funny you should say that because just out of view is a huge Camp Chef 3 burner with a full size griddle. It's a sickness for sure.

I would be tuff for me to let the kettle go but if I had to choose just one it would be the MAK

I haven't been using the griddle nearly as much as I used to. This is probably due in large part to remodeling the kitchen and putting in a real exhaust hood.

I'm just trying to simplify things and gain some room on the patio.

Back