Hooters Style Wings

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
A lot of awesome TD's going down and one of my all time favorite finger foods are wings. I usually like them naked with some type of cayenne pepper and butter sauce. Only exception is Hooters where I like their lightly breaded wings.

Before anything I made a blue cheese dressing from scratch

sWfj6vJh.jpg

qwgCjGBh.jpg

The breading

InAGSbJh.jpg

Coated the wangs

M5mMwOoh.jpg

Some garlicky lemon

3fc0XcWh.jpg

1Nt22hrh.jpg

Raining so I resorted to the gasser for a little bit of smoke first

KVPuKGmh.jpg

1ZB1EoHh.jpg

Hooters style fried pickles

1aeK5OXh.jpg

Fried first of course

inPJCPNh.jpg

Then the wangs that came off the grill

IHuyTwjh.jpg

Oh my! Crispy as heck on the outside, moist on the inside with a hint of the garlicky lemon at the end

trn42S9h.jpg

Some lard, butter and Crystal sauce for coating

YpbBLOxh.jpg

kvn754xh.jpg

Heaven!

rQbZs19h.jpg

Perfect bite with each wang

a057kJDh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Great wings. I actually prefer the breaded wings, with sauce on the side. Give me some cold beer, and I could knock out a bucket of both though. The blue cheese is the key though. Great job.

This seems suspiciously like you are trying to convince your wife or girlfriend that you just go to Hooters for the food... it's the old, I just read Playboy for the articles move.

Wings look great though!

Those look amazing. I love hotwings and love crunchy breaded then sauced ones. Now that I moved I have not found anywhere that has them. Your pictures made me salivate at level 10. Awesome meal!

I’m a breaded wing kinda guy so those are right in my wheelhouse :hungry:

Any egg wash or buttermilk before coating?

Damn Sako, time for me to up my game. They look delicious.

Thanks Marty! I think you're doing just fine. :thumb:

Great wings. I actually prefer the breaded wings, with sauce on the side. Give me some cold beer, and I could knock out a bucket of both though. The blue cheese is the key though. Great job.

Thanks Josh! Oddly enough I was out of beer this time around.

Look great Sako, were you wearing your Hooters crop top t-shirt while you were making those beauties?

Thanks Bill! Nope. All that hot oil splatter would've burnt me. :becky:

Back