MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
cmwr
is One Chatty Farker

Default my awesome find

I stopped by the metal yard today to look through their stainless steel bins. They had a.bunch of bins full of stainless steel pieces from the local Bunn factory that never made it into one of their coffee pots. I was like a kid in a candy store. I bought 2 of these pieces in the pic and a third is flat. At .75 a lb it cost me 5 bucks. I intend to make a sliding draft control on my new drum. I want to be able to do pizzas so I need a good size intake to get extra high heat.

The factory made slot in the pic is approximately 1 1/4" x 5". This is the size I Intend to cut in my drum using the stainless as a pattern. What is that the equivalent of compared to a standard intake setup? I bought 2 pieces so I can put dual intakes on if needed as I am not sure if one will be enough intake. My Weber performer has 3 times that much draft opening.

cmwr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

Nice, I love stainless. I never clean up or put away stuff. If I forget my stainless steel tongs outside and it rains it's no harm

Old 03-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #3
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

This is pretty cool. I'm gonna be watching your progress. Thanks!

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #4
ajstrider
is One Chatty Farker

A removable chimney stack of some sort would help get higher air flow too.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:26 PM   #5
cmwr
is One Chatty Farker

So far it's not going so well. I got the hole cut out in my drum and the piece cut out of the stainless. I am having a tough time rigging up a way for the slide door to slide back and forth. When riveted down to the drum it is too tight to slide. No matter what i try it has a tough time sliding through the gap. It always tends to hang up somewhere. I will have to keep messing with it another day.
cmwr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
capnkrusty
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
Nice, I love stainless. I never clean up or put away stuff. If I forget my stainless steel tongs outside and it rains it's no harm
Good to know I'm not the only one.

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-18-2014, 12:34 AM   #7
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Nice score.