THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FenderOnFire

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Michael
After a three month wait (as promised) my Workhorse Pitts 1969 has arrived!
It showed up last Thursday. I seasoned it on Friday evening. Saturday was a beautiful day and I spent all of it cooking two pork butts and four racks.

Here's some pics:

H0MD31B.jpg

GrNUVS6.jpg

2EcBNp4.jpg

3Rg4hTj.jpg

48sgyUg.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking smoker! Where in KC are you?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'm currently in Prairie Village.

When I previewed the post the images were HUGE so I took them out. I'll post back as soon as I can!

Awesome. I keep almost hitting the buy button on a 1975...I really like the look of these pits...likely my favorite traditional flow offset right now.

I see you got the cowboy firebox...I would too as I do a lot of grilling and reverse searing...more so than smoking actually. Have you used it to grill yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice smoker, that's gotta be a thrill.

Did the truck driver have a forklift to unload or did he just use that lift tail gate ? And did he put it in your garage ?

Thank you! I'm currently in Prairie Village.

When I previewed the post the images were HUGE so I took them out. I'll post back as soon as I can!

Too funny. I grew up in Prairie village and my parents still live there. When looking at the pics and I saw the location as KC, I immediately thought, hmmm that looks like my neighborhood. Wonder where he is in KC?

Oh, and nice looking smoker!

Beautiful heavy steel there. It may be just the angle of the pic, but it seems like the top shelf is awfully close to the ceiling. Pretty sure it could be placed a half an inch lower and still have room for big fat butts on the bottom shelf. I'm not knocking it though, I'd be thrilled to have a nice quality offset cooker like that one.

I love the look of that cooker! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats! I have a 1969 on order & looking at delivery around the first week of November. I see you have it in the grass... how easy/difficult is it to move around unpaved/uneven surfaces? The small-ish casters were the only thing that worried me a bit. Looking forward to some shots of that thing in action!

Back