Oklahoma Bash

okiesmokie78

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Who all in the great state of Oklahoma, or those that live close enough to visit, would be interested in startig a OK Bash? We have a decent amount of members spread throughout our great state. Not to mention our greatest contribution, Cowgirl!

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 267
As with most I'm interested, depending on date and location.
My calendar can get quite busy! :mrgreen:

Any areas around Lake Eufaula with RV parking/camping and a pavilion to cook at? :mrgreen:

Set the date far enough out and we’re in!

Why did this bash thread get moved from Qtalk when the other bash threads stay there?

Hope y'all make this happen. Would love to add it my Bash list (done 3 states but have 47 to go).

One of the suckiest things about 2020 was having attended zero bashes which just ain't right!

Only 2 states for us, only 14.5 hours from home and 4 hours from family in TX. Definitely a possibility for a road trip! Need to keep up with Charles and try to beat Andy!

We need to pick a date and location. Also we must remain aware of how sketchy the weather is. May is usually good temperature wise, but also a bad month for planning due to graduations. June can be good as well.

Robert

Not sure I think Hotch may have moved it. This would be the more appropriate place for it but not much exposure

The thread in QTalk was the Picture posting for the 2020 Fall Texas Bash.
I did not move it. I simply suggested it would be more appropriate to create a new thread in the "Brethren Bash" forum dedicated to an Oklahoma Bash.

If we keep posting on the OK Bash thread it will stay up top when most look at the "Today's Posts" on the Quick Links drop down menu. That's how we have done it for the past 4-5 years.

Once date and location for the Texas Bash are selected I would let Ron_L and or Phil know that I'll be posting an "Invite" post on the QTalk Thread about 60 days before the Bash. As not to post against the QTalk rules without approval.

As QTalk is all about:
"*ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking."
:mrgreen:

Last edited:
I nominate Jeanie to show up wearing a mask so we still can't see her face. :tape:

31pr18.jpg

Seems like we have a lot of folks in the Tulsa area and quite a bit in the OKC area, with a handfull of us stragglers here and there. What would be a good central location everyone would be willing to travel to? I know for me, If Im going to Tulsa and making a full day out of it, I better have a place to lay my head for the night, lol!

We need to pick a date and location. Also we must remain aware of how sketchy the weather is. May is usually good temperature wise, but also a bad month for planning due to graduations. June can be good as well.

Robert

Could even start as a Fall bash as long as we dont have any crazy weather like we did this past week! :shocked:

Back