View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 11:52 AM   #11
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

By way of story, a long time ago, my wife and I and her best friend spent about a week in Paris. Both of them are excellent cooks and worked in very nice restaurants. We went from place to place, but ended up eating basically mediocre food, despite spending a mint. Finally, the last night they were both sick of the disappointment and refused to eat dinner. Well, I was hungry, so I did the quintessential American thing and stopped into McDonalds, picked up an assortment of things (menus are different in European McDonalds) and came back to the hotel. Their interest was piqued and my wife's friend had NEVER EATEN MCDONALDS BEFORE, anywhere. They both declared it the best meal they had in Paris. To go along with this, another Parisian friend of mine insists the best restaurants in Paris are Pizza Hut and McDonalds. He says the other restaurants sell overpriced garbage. I want to go on record that I have gotten lucky a couple of times, but both places were recommended to me by locals.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote