View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 11:38 AM   #38
luke duke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJ View Post
Well, finding a place in Texas that is not saturated is becoming more and more difficult. Your currently in Chicago, not sure what your background is or if your from Texas, but you'll need an "A" game to survive here these days.

We started popping up after competing for a few years, this led to a trailer, which has me now going on 4 years in a brick and mortar. I moved from downtown Houston to the suburbs.

To your original question, in my experience, you make enough to cover your costs and put a little in your pocket doing pop ups and trailers. So, if you have no overhead and very few bills and if this is a passion, your fine.

This was not the case for me, so there was a dip into retirement ( not advised) to pull it off / survive. I was in those days, trying to build a brand.

While you do assume substantial over head in the brick and mortar, you also pick up some more profitable items over proteins like soda, tea, beer, etc.

And as was mentioned, we all play with higher margin items, you have to.

I could go on and on, but there is quite a bit of history of this on this website, many of your answers can be found.

These are my experiences, while I'm sure there are similarities, I suspect each guy or gal slinging que for a living has a different story.

We moved and you can see our operation at either pappacharliesbbq.com or cypresstrailhideout.com

Good luck in your journey!

Papa Charlie’s makes some good food. I recommend stopping by if you’re in the area.

#goofyque
luke duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->