The newest "mini" if you can call it that.

Smokin Turkey

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This is a 'mini' reverse flow smoker a customer ordered from our website. Then things got crazy when I agreed to "upsize" it to 8" diameter pipe for parts cost and the increased shipping. Long story short - (too late) this is the monster spawned! More pictures to follow when all the accents and extras are installed.

I'll post the weight when it is shipped.

0430101958a.jpg

0430101959.jpg

0430101959a.jpg

0430101959b.jpg

0430101959c.jpg

0430102000.jpg

0430102000a.jpg

0430102000b.jpg

0430102000c.jpg

0430102001.jpg

That is cool! Can anyone give me a schoolin' on the reverse flow theory?

You would have to be blind to not be able to read the thermometer! How thick is the steel on that smoker. It looks thick!

basically the fire enters the chamber through the baffle which carries the heat to the far end of the chamber and is released to pas over and under the food in a natural convection. The heat radiates from the baffle plate, and circulates evenly. The temps are very even across the chamber and there are reduced possibility of flare ups due to the baffle also acting as a grease pan which is pitched away from the firebox. the exhaust is then on the same side as the firebox.

You would have to be blind to not be able to read the thermometer! How thick is the steel on that smoker. It looks thick!

Its a standard tel tru thermo. The thickness of the chamber is sched 60 which is just over 1/4 inch. Its way heavier than I wanted to use but it turned out to be the only pipe available short of purchasing 25 feet of it.

The chamber is 3/16" thick, the frame is made from bent and welded 5/8" solid steel rod. The baffle and all parts in the main chamber are 1/8" steel and the fenders are 16 ga custom bent and welded.

basically the fire enters the chamber through the baffle which carries the heat to the far end of the chamber and is released to pas over and under the food in a natural convection. The heat radiates from the baffle plate, and circulates evenly. The temps are very even across the chamber and there are reduced possibility of flare ups due to the baffle also acting as a grease pan which is pitched away from the firebox. the exhaust is then on the same side as the firebox.

Thanks for the explanation.

Wow, beefy little guy. Great craftsmanship.
Guy should attach a leash to it and take that little monster wherever he goes to show it off.
Well done sir! :thumb:

Back