View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 11:56 AM   #115
ChrisBarb
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubfromGA View Post
They sound like what you are looking for in a grill that that smoke, grill, seer. You'll make amazing brisket, pulled pork, ribs, wings, chicken, steaks and the best pizzas on the planet.

Make sure you get one with a lifetime warranty.

You will never regret a BGE, Kamado Joe, Primo or other.

Absolutely anything that you can cook in an indoor oven can be cooked with ease on your ceramic kamado.

You can also go the route that many, myself included, have gone....buy a Akorn kamado from Char Griller. Can be had for $299.

Air flow is the same as it's ceramic cousins....it is slightly more finicky if you overshoot your target temp, so more care is needed in how you start your fires for slow'n'low cooks. That being said....once you lock into the temp you are golden.

I bought an Akorn and found myself using that bad boy several times a week for three years. I simply wore it slam out. My family went nuts over my grilling in ways they'd never done before. In my opinion.....it's the best grilling money I've ever spent.
Actually, much better option for a metal kamado, is the Bubba/Broil King Keg. https://www.broilkingbbq.com/grills/keg