Have Team Name...Now What???

temptedfate

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Not sure if there has been a thread on this subject before if so sorry...

I am putting a team together and planning to compete in KCBS and NEBS comp this season and have come up with a team name that we all agree on now what do I need to do.

Do you need to register your team name with some Gov't body as not to infringe a copyrighted or trademarked team? Do you just register with KCBS and NEBS and if they dont have a name in there database all is good( I have searched all of the KCBS Team names and nothing even comes close...also did a google search and nothing pops up as it pertains to BBQ so I feel semi confident about not having a duplicate team out there)

Any advice is greatly welcome.

If you are a kcbs member you can list your team name with them and they will not list another team with the same name. Does not stop someone from using the name, kcbs just will not list it twice. can't help with the other sanctioning body. good luck and have fun., keith

Our name ended up being used twice in the KCBS database. We were first and then another team signed up in California. Not a big deal. Traded emails with the guys and they seemed nice enough. KCBS is pretty clear that they don't settle disputes over names etc.

Not sure if there has been a thread on this subject before if so sorry...

I am putting a team together and planning to compete in KCBS and NEBS comp this season and have come up with a team name that we all agree on now what do I need to do.

Do you need to register your team name with some Gov't body as not to infringe a copyrighted or trademarked team? Do you just register with KCBS and NEBS and if they dont have a name in there database all is good( I have searched all of the KCBS Team names and nothing even comes close...also did a google search and nothing pops up as it pertains to BBQ so I feel semi confident about not having a duplicate team out there)

Any advice is greatly welcome.

Do a search here http://www.bbqteamnames.com/Teams_interface/Names/search.asp
here
http://www.kcbs.us/teams.php
and see if your idea has been used.

Neil

BBQ Bug .com also has a team results deal where you can see teams that have participated in KCBS contests. I have seen on other forumns our team name being used twice. So far it hasnt been an issue but I image some time maybe the Royal or such where it could be .

Back