• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning

Well it looks like the EggFest we are to cook at in October may not happen.
If so I will be at the 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash.
May have to be a day trip again unless I can sleep in Paul's Cooker Shack! :mrgreen:
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well it looks like the EggFest we are to cook at in October may not happen.
If so I will be at the 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash.
May have to be a day trip again unless I can sleep in Paul's Cooker Shack! :mrgreen:

Bummer about Eggfest.

Hope to see you at the bash!

Took the scenic route today.
8e3662870b656c5bb75ffa0d33f4aeaa.jpg
c4f4ab59500132bedfb0cb6d9620276e.jpg

Got my last round of cancer treatment (four year course of immunotherapy) scheduled for October and will schedule it to be done a week prior to the bash. Will bring a special bottle of bourbon and ask that y'all will join me in a celebratory toast.

My first out of state bash (SoCal 2016) was a celebration after my first round.

Got my last round of cancer treatment (four year course of immunotherapy) scheduled for October and will schedule it to be done a week prior to the bash. Will bring a special bottle of bourbon and ask that y'all will join me in a celebratory toast.

That is great news, Charles!

That makes the trip worth it to me all by itself. Congrats on completing the immunotherapy and making it out to the other side after cancer treatment. :thumb:

Sako... we'd be glad to have you again.

Charles... that's awesome!

That’ll be awesome! I’ll drink to that.

Man y'all really pushing me to come! I'd love a celebratory bourbon with Charles! A possible chance to finally meet Sako! And of course all the great Brethren I met there before. I still have 2 weeks of vacay and Wendy still has hers on the books. Let me hem and haw on it a bit more.

Btw the last bourbon I actually drank was with Dave Fisk at the last Carolina Bash before his health fell. Really would be a fitting tribute for my next bourbon.

I'm penciling it in. I plan on driving down hopefully and making pit stops in AZ and NM.

Great! I've been thinking about going back to AZ and NM for a post lockdown trip because I lived in Tucson for ~15 years and have fond memories of good times along I-10 and others along I-40. Albuquerque to Las Cruces is a nice detour as well with some nice scenery along the way and for me, a near mandatory stop at Sparky's in Hatch, NM. The Confederate Air Force near Midland-Odessa is another target of opportunity that is a bit under the radar.

When school starts again before the snow gets deep, Flagstaff and the North Rim / Zion area is really nice along with the NE part of NM. Death Valley with a detour through Las Vegas was always nice too!

Wendy and I have decided to wait 1 more month til we decide if we are coming or not. I'm going to go ahead and request the 2 weeks off and she'll obviously keep hers on the books. I'll just wait until next month to make the reservation or not. Hate to do it like this but kinda different this time. If it was normal we would already have the reservation.

I hope to see you again this Fall but, I totally understand the caution and waiting. With Texas Coronavirus cases spiking right now, who knows what things will look like in a month or two. I'm hopeful the younger folks will tone things down a bit until the worst of this passes but, we all remember feeling bulletproof when younger don't we! :wink:

Back