View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
mattdean1003
On the road to being a farker

I ended up not cooking it and putting it in the freezer, rubbed and all. I got called into work Thursday afternoon and while I was at work, just got extremely sick. Headache, nauseous, frail and weak...Like someone had taken a 2x4 and wore it down to a toothpick on me. I ended up going to the ER last night and they gave me a spinal tap to make sure it wasn't menengitis. I am sore as HELL after that today guys and girls. I'm finally eating and drinking and the headache has subsided. People say that spinal taps don't hurt...but don't believe them. It was pretty awful.

That being said, it ended up just being a nasty virus. I'm supposed to be bed ridden until Monday but I'm pushing through it and going to work tomorrow regardless. Can't afford to miss any days, just can't bend my back much right now.

I knew something was up Wednesday night when I felt nauseous after being able to still smell the weird garlic brisket smell on my fingers after I washed my hands. Usually stuff like that doesn't bother me, but as bad as I feel, I have NO desire for BBQ until next week.

What would you do? Leave the brisket wrapped and seasoned, then toss it on the smoker after it thaws, or would you rinse all the seasoning off then re-season it?
mattdean1003 is offline   Reply With Quote