• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

MAK Group Buy

Ditto! MAK’s were designed to smoke. You’ll see that the first time you fire it up... and I am not just taking about the “start-up” smoke that everyone shows off. This is what you’ll see a TON of... :)
56b23af32c3b0041df16830a844052ed.jpg

That does look great! :D

Do any 2* owners have the front shelf? Is it worth having? Any opinions on it would be appreciated! Thanks

What WIFI features do you use on most of your cooks?

Temp monitoring remotely? Or adjusting temps on the fly.

I think that’s what I keep mulling over...

Thx again for the help

I am not big into cook programs.... but if that’s your thing, it’s NICE for that. I just prefer simple. I use it to monitor temps, adjust remotely, shut down remotely. It’s just become part of my cooking routine. Could I live without it? Yes... I did for the first 3 years of my MAK ownership. Finally decided to give WiFi a shot and found that I enjoy it much more than I thought I would. Just so darn convenient, especially with a super busy family and often times not being able to man the MAK in person when out and about with the family.

Hi, Tom, we're working on the website. I've updated the cooking temperature range. 200-450 is the current setpoint temperature range. SMOKE mode swings temperatures from 170 - 190 to create the most smoke and GRILL mode will feed fuel continuously to keep the grill as hot as possible, generally topping out at around 600 degrees. The grill is governed at 600 degrees so once the thermocouple (assuming it's in its default position) reads an ambient temperature of 600 degrees, the Pellet Boss will start to back off long enough for it to not exceed 600 degrees. If the FlameZone covers are off, the temperature at the grate level will be higher than 600 degrees. If you move the roaming thermocouple to the grate level, the temperature at the grate level should remain very close to 600 degrees.
Thanks for the info Josh!
But I just don't see these units being able to meet my smoking requirements. Not sure I'd grill on it at all. I have other cookers that grill exceptionally well. At any temp I want. Up to 750*+.
Maybe someday.
Thanks to Mak for the buying offers for Brethren!

I hear ya! Scary indeed. Rarely do you see an unhappy MAK owner if that’s any comfort at all :)
Not really. The company I had such a bad experience with doesn't get much bad press either. Not anywhere near like it should. Folks just put them up for sale and say they are going in another direction. Since if they told the truth. It would not be an easy sale. If that makes sense.

Do any 2* owners have the front shelf? Is it worth having? Any opinions on it would be appreciated! Thanks

I'm wondering this too. While the paper towel holder would be nice you really don't need additional shelf space IMO. I utilize the pellet box cover and the warmer box cover if I need to place things near the grill (although the warmer box cover can get hot if you are cooking at high temps). The only accessories I do not have are the front shelf, griddle and cold smoker box. Wifi control is a must IMO, it's awesome, the cover is super durable too.

Question for you MAK owners with WiFi - are you able to start the grill from your phone? Thinking along the lines of being able to get the grill going while on my way home from work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for you MAK owners with WiFi - are you able to start the grill from your phone? Thinking along the lines of being able to get the grill going while on my way home from work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is about the only thing you cannot do with the WiFi module. Not sure if any grill manufacturer allows for that. I have asked MAK about that, and the reason given has to do with liability.

Not really. The company I had such a bad experience with doesn't get much bad press either. Not anywhere near like it should. Folks just put them up for sale and say they are going in another direction. Since if they told the truth. It would not be an easy sale. If that makes sense.

Fair enough and that makes perfect sense.

That is about the only thing you cannot do with the WiFi module. Not sure if any grill manufacturer allows for that. I have asked MAK about that, and the reason given has to do with liability.

Yeah - as I was typing that question I realized how dangerous that could turn out, and realized I would probably never start in while I wasn't there.

Question for the 2 ⭐️ owners...

Do you ever use the smoke box on the right side, and if so, how often?

Kinda thinking about a 1 ⭐️ cause I just do see the smoke box being used by us.

Question for the 2 ⭐️ owners...

Do you ever use the smoke box on the right side, and if so, how often?

Kinda thinking about a 1 ⭐️ cause I just do see the smoke box being used by us.

Personally, I rarely use it. I do know that some guys get a ton of use out of it. If the 1 Star as is, or with just a couple of add-on’s will meet your need, than the 1 Star is going to be hard to beat from a price standpoint. It’s when you start decking the 1 Star out that you quickly find yourself approaching 2 Star pricing. If you are simply looking to smoke/roast... then the 1 Star kicks butt at that. I absolutely loved my 1 Star :)

So I’m thinkin’... (bye my misses hates it when I do that) can someone post a pic of the inlet between the cook chamber and the smoke box on the 2⭐️ please?

crappy pic 2 like wholes on top you can see a little

Thanks Tom!

So I’m thinking I could take a piece of stainless and some rare earth magnets and seal that off well enough that the side smoke box could be used as a side table...

Back