View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 07:04 AM   #38
ModelMaker
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tduffy View Post
airedale:

I quit posting here quite a while back but I do stop by every once in a while to read what's being talked about. You caught my attention with a few of your posts and comments lately. I have learned that you are a newer judge and have questioned many things in competition BBQ. Like you, I have caused some controversy over the years speaking my mind on topics I'm passionate about just like you have on some of the topics you have been engaged in. I don't agree nor disagree with you but I want to make you an offer.
I see you are from Minnesota, but I don't know from what part you are from. I don't know how far you have or are willing to travel to judge or be involved in BBQ but I am going to be cooking Spirit Lake, IA August 10-11 and Marshall, MN August 17-18.
This is my invitation to you to come cook with me. It will fulfill the requirement needed to become an MCBJ the day you are at that point and I welcome you to this side of the game so you can see it all first hand. You will see exactly everything I do. You can ask any questions you want and I will answer it to the fullest I possibly can and you can give me any and all feedback you want both positive and negative and I will not hold any of it against you for doing so. The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked. I'm not one of those who is only going to make you do dirty work. You can be right along side of me from the start until the last turn-in. You will get a full night of rest as I cook hot and fast. And when the contest is done you are welcome to take as much or as little of the leftovers home as you wish.
I've had judges cook with me in the past and every one of them found the experience very valuable to them not only as a judge but as a BBQ enthusiast also. I never turn down a request for a judge to cook with me.

If you are interested, hit me up in a PM and let's chat.

Travis Duffy
Last Call Heroes BBQ
What a great offer!! A unselfish act such as this will do great things for the art of competition BBQ.
Thank you,
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->