View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #65
stglide
On the road to being a farker

Well, I guess I hit paydirt! I've built a UDS and been smoking for some time now. Loving it and this site. I was reading something on another website and referenced a Bandera, and BBQ Brethren had all the info to modify one into a great smoker. Well, being a fellow Brethren, I took a look to find it, and presto, there it was. The real kicker is I have a Brinkman Smoke'N Pit Smoke King sitting in my work shop that has been collecting dust for several years.

My question now is, it appears to be very similar to the Bandera, just reversed configuration. I got it for practically nothing, so to put a little money and time to make the thing useful would be a no brainer. I had tried to use it a few times and never could get any heat in it, regulate well, etc, thus it was banned to the workshop to collect dust. I honestly kept saying I needed to roll to the curb to give away.... Boy am I glad I didn't do that if I can make this thing work!

Can anyone tell if the mods here can apply to the Brinkman? I know sealing it up was an issue before, so hopefully that is addressed, as I'll be reviewing the document next. Anyone out there that has modified a Brinkman, such as mine?

As always, thanks Brethren!!
Charbroil Quantum 5 burner
Brinkman SKD Offset w/ Mods
[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
stglide is offline   Reply With Quote