• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ sauce question

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Friend wants really hot ribs. They want a really hot sauce. Said since they came back from St. Louis they can't get hot enough ribs around here.

I was thinking just add crucible rub or suckle busters habanero rub in some bbq sauce. Any other input, maybe some cayenne?

Thanks

You can certainly doctor up your sauce, with other spices. I would suggest bringing it to a simmer and holding for 10 minutes or so, after adding your spices. If you are after a hot and spicy sauce, I wouldn't start with a sweet sauce to begin with. I really like Head Country Hot & Spicy. If that isn't what you are after, you can just add some more heat.

My go-to hot spice blend is from Pendery's and is called Temper Temper. I use it when I need to bump the heat for a rub, sauce, jerky, sausage, etc. It has cayenne, black pepper, habanero , jalapeno. Used in moderation it is not just heat, but has a balanced back-flavor.

Try adding some Pex Peppers, Painapple sauce or Irazu, Scorpion Sting sauce. 2 very tasty hot sauces that don't use extract.

When I make hot sauce for my friend who loves heat, I purchase ground chili's from https://www.spicesinc.com

Cayenne Pepper Hot Heat 80,000 - 90,000
Habanero Chile Powder 180,000 - 300,000
Aji Amarillo Chile Powder 30,000 - 50,000

This combination adds great flavor, and gives a burn to both the back and the front of the mouth. To me it is just important to have flavor as well as heat.

When I make hot sauce for my friend who loves heat, I purchase ground chili's from https://www.spicesinc.com

Cayenne Pepper Hot Heat 80,000 - 90,000
Habanero Chile Powder 180,000 - 300,000
Aji Amarillo Chile Powder 30,000 - 50,000

This combination adds great flavor, and gives a burn to both the back and the front of the mouth. To me it is just important to have flavor as well as heat.

I thought you where going say both ends.

My idea of spicy, is mayo. I'm about to pass out just from reading this thread, what with all you guys and your Murder-Death-Kill sauces.......

Thanks for all the great ideas.

I got some great options for next time. I just found out today about this and they want the ribs tomorrow. I may go the sriracha route. I was going to add it in some Next big thing sauce or Sticky fingers Memphis sauce.
Giant Eagle also has as Honey sriracha bbq sauce I thought about buying.

Just get you the amount of habaneros you think it will take to get the heat level you want. Blend them up with your choice of liquid...vinegar, water, booze, beer, soft drink, fruit juice, etc. Mix that with your sauce, bring it up to temp (just below a boil), cool, and go. Heat is one thing...heat with flavor is another.

Take a can of chipotles in adobo and puree then add to sauce. Adds heat and hint of smoke.

Take a can of chipotles in adobo and puree then add to sauce. Adds heat and hint of smoke.

^^^^^This... heat and flavor. If that's not enough give them a bottle of El Yucateco habanero sauce and tell them to have at it.

Just get you the amount of habaneros you think it will take to get the heat level you want. Blend them up with your choice of liquid...vinegar, water, booze, beer, soft drink, fruit juice, etc. Mix that with your sauce, bring it up to temp (just below a boil), cool, and go. Heat is one thing...heat with flavor is another.

I like some heat but somethings they make hot just taste awful. I hate to make the ribs really hot then they taste bad becausethe sauce. Then he thinks I can't male good ribs.

I did Dr up some sticky fingers Memphis sauce but afraid to use it. Been on the fridge flr at least year. I rather spend a couple bucks on a new bottle. I'll save tbst for me. I think it's good but rather not give to someone else.

That night of the living is good, but I don't find it very hot at all. Gates extra hot, though...That'll get ya what yer after!

Back