N Texas BBQ Brethren Bash on Saturday April 22, 2017

I'm blanking on the name of the gentleman (Brandon?) in the orange OSU jacket (under Paul's pic). His screen name is is bbeavers. The gentleman with the camo cap (under the pic of Dave Fisk) is Bill, aka Lighter-Fluid and the picture of David (under Hotch's pic) is Bacchus2b.

Kevin, thanks for taking and posting the Cabo pics.

Last edited:
Some pics I took:

I made flat iron steak breakfast tacos for breakfast.

dwfisk's short ribs:

sliding billy's brisket:

frognot's bourbon pecan chocolate pie:

frognot's smoked mac & cheese & cheese & cheese and hotch's sausage:

More pics of people and cookers:

And my new buddy:

I had a great time. The food, drink, and fellowship was unsurpassed. The facilities at the location are excellent. Lone Star Lodge and Marina which is close by, formerly Lantana Resort, is a nice hotel to stay at a reasonable price. Brother Toast was missed. Hopefully, he can come next year.

I brought another friend this time named Austin Cade. He really enjoyed it, and said he is going to join up.

Thanks for the pix! One of these days I'd love to make it out there for one of these.

For the folks who haven't been to a Bash - just go, even if it involves a little traveling and effort. I guarantee it's worth it. People who enjoy outdoor cooking are a certain type, namely friendly and fun to hang out with. No need to even mention the food - we all know how good that is - you won't be eating better anywhere.

Thanks for the pix! One of these days I'd love to make it out there for one of these.

For the folks who haven't been to a Bash - just go, even if it involves a little traveling and effort. I guarantee it's worth it. People who enjoy outdoor cooking are a certain type, namely friendly and fun to hang out with. No need to even mention the food - we all know how good that is - you won't be eating better anywhere.

Sliding_billy and I were talking about running bashes also--y'all keep in mind that five years ago, there was no North Texas Bash. It happened because SmittyJonz finally said "fark it" and picked a time and a place at the risk of eating by himself. I think 5 guys showed up to that first one. The next year there were more folks, then more, then we started going south in the fall, now this time we had 30+ people show up.

If you're someplace where there's not a Bash but you wish there was one, just do it! Pick a park that lets you bring smokers and pick a day, then get out and cook. If you take a bunch of pictures and tell everybody how much fun you had, more people will show up next time. Rinse, repeat until you've got a regular thing going.

Sliding_billy and I were talking about running bashes also--y'all keep in mind that five years ago, there was no North Texas Bash. It happened because SmittyJonz finally said "fark it" and picked a time and a place at the risk of eating by himself. I think 5 guys showed up to that first one. The next year there were more folks, then more, then we started going south in the fall, now this time we had 30+ people show up.

If you're someplace where there's not a Bash but you wish there was one, just do it! Pick a park that lets you bring smokers and pick a day, then get out and cook. If you take a bunch of pictures and tell everybody how much fun you had, more people will show up next time. Rinse, repeat until you've got a regular thing going.

Doesn't hurt to invite a few Eggheads either!! :bounce:
I'm just saying invite everyone!!
Cooks and non-cooks, friends and their families.

Next Bash maybe in S. Austin TX......

Back