Bringing the funk All. Weekend. Long. (AKA The longest live thread ever)

Man that is awesome! Paul and the gang at your house...WOW! What great people! Hopefully I will be able to get them out to Colorado someday!!!

Ha ha ha. Not so much. I was at 50, went to 70. 24x70, standard height, extra grate slots, extra big warmer. It is a beauty. All my pics are now irrelevant, thanks Photobucket, you asshats. I'll try to get a new hosting account today and get some cool cooker pics up. Just got the pig on, smoker is cruising at 300.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Ha ha ha. Not so much. I was at 50, went to 70. 24x70, standard height, extra grate slots, extra big warmer. It is a beauty. All my pics are now irrelevant, thanks Photobucket, you asshats. I'll try to get a new hosting account today and get some cool cooker pics up. Just got the pig on, smoker is cruising at 300.

The chamber looks like it is sitting lower than normal for a pit that size, even for a non elevated chamber. Or am I just crazy :caked:.

Nope. Pretty sure it's standard. The whole thing sits lower than a patio model, but there shouldn't be anything different I don't think.

Nope. Pretty sure it's standard. The whole thing sits lower than a patio model, but there shouldn't be anything different I don't think.

Gotcha. Figured those guys could make any height people wanted. That hog done yet :razz:

Me :becky: and bruno packed up last night and made way for chicagoland. Arrived in town late last night. Cant wait to meet up with some brethen and party down. We'll be there soon but remember i run on ninja time so that could be awhile

The road dog is always down to party.

Attachments

• IMG_20170630_202206_083.jpg
    IMG_20170630_202206_083.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 186
Piggy is cruisin' at 300 on an all cherry diet.

I'm not gonna lie, me and Ryan drank entirely too much whiskey last night so it's a wonder we were even able to function at 4:30 this morning, but she looks pretty good so far.

Steve, come on over, the Mrs is making biscuits and fatty gravy

Attachments

• IMG_4306.jpg
    IMG_4306.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 180
Ninja, I think you and smitty are on the same time schedule.

Jason, maybe it's the ss back splash making it look shorter because I see the same thing you do.

Matt, pig looks freaking awesome. :thumb:

Mighty fine looking Piggy!

Y'all have a great time and have an extra beverage for me.

Ninja, I think you and smitty are on the same time schedule.

Jason, maybe it's the ss back splash making it look shorter because I see the same thing you do.

Matt, pig looks freaking awesome. :thumb:

Yeah but I doubt Ninja shows up pulling a smoker already running TBS..:shocked:

Yeah but I doubt Ninja shows up pulling a smoker already running TBS..:shocked:

Oh ill pull up smokin but it wont be thin or blue. :mrgreen:

I wanted to be on the road earlier yesterday but i had to get the job closed in. Finished just as a massive storm came through. Unfortunately my windshield wipers stopped working in a downpour at 50 mph.

Packing up from the hotel, why did she bring so much stuff into this room. I need to go get the bellhop

Well it has so far been a blast we went to Kirks (chicagokp) last night for a taco bonanza.... it was freaking fabulous ......

Me helping Kirk out with putting the Skirt steak in it's marinade for the tacos

Kirk with the skirt steak in his Shirley before thereverse sear

Boneless chicken thighs for the tacos

Reverse searing the skirt steak

Skirt steak is done

Kirk cooked an amazing pork belly and now he is crisping it up
On the blackstone

Matt doing his thing with some Al Pastor

Kids are having a blast and working up an appetite

Kirks amazing pork belly before hitting the blackstone

Kirk is putting the final touches on the goodness to come

Ew we.... its gonna be good

Folks are getting ready for the amazing tacos to come

The tacos were amazing... different from the ground meat tacos I'm use to..... I'll be doing this in Alabama now!!!!!!!

Back