Favorite Steak Cut?

Flat Iron!!! Almost 100% usable meat cooked mid-rare over a screaming hot fire to a nice sear. Great flavor as well, very beefy. Ribeye is great until you see the 25% of inedible fat left on your plate when you are done. #2 for me is Picanha cooked with the fat cap on.

I cut that fat up and mix it with bites of meat!

Prime Sirloin then Prime NY Strip as a close second. 1 1/2 inches thick cooked on a Weber kettle or cast iron skillet.

I’m with you, brother. Nothing beats a well trimmed seasoned and cooked to perfection cap of Ribeye. That’s the part of the Ribeye SCA steak cooker’s judges sample from. AKA Spinalis Dorsi...

3 for ribeye cap!

Hanger for me. Reverse seared, salt and pepper only. Rare as hell inside.

Edit... I also gotta add Kangaroo fillet to that. Not something you fellas will have much experience with, but imagine a hanger but smaller and done the same way with more gamey flavour. Hard to go past.

I’m with you, brother. Nothing beats a well trimmed seasoned and cooked to perfection cap of Ribeye. That’s the part of the Ribeye SCA steak cooker’s judges sample from. AKA Spinalis Dorsi...

+2 LOVE Ribeye Cap (Thick). Reversed sear with a chunk of wood and finished over a screaming hot lump coal fire.

Last edited:
Ribeye is my favorite, but a good, balanced Porterhouse (nice strip/filet ratio) is right up there.

Plus, I like to gnaw the bone clean. :-D

Steaks are like beer to me.My favorite is free,cold beer.My second is free beer.Same with steaks,whatever my host is serving is my favorite.If I am buying,depends on the mood.They are like pretty ladies,I like em all!!!:thumb:

If I’m factoring in price then sirloin.

I have had some mitee fine sirloins.A good chopped sirloin cooked and seasoned correctly can hold it's own with a regular steak.

Love ribeye but nothing beats the simplicity of skirt steak. Takes all flavors well and sears to perfection in just a couple minutes.

TBH, there are probably a few steak cuts I still haven’t had. My go-to favorite for a splurge is ribeye. Reverse seared to medium. The more fat the better! Had some dry-aged for my birthday last week that were absolutely awesome. Skirt steak is a close second lately. Hanger is pretty good too.

I’ll have to keep an eye out for ribeye cap.

Like a lot of steaks. Think I give a great New York strip the edge I’ve the ribeye. Love skirt, picanha, tri tip,etc.

I like my Tbones and porter houses. I did this week get ripped off by Safeway, as I purchased a tray of Tbones, and there were 0 filets on any of the tbones that were hidden under the displayed tbone.

Back