• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Stuffed Flank Steak on the Kamado Joe

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
20141229_FlankSteak.jpg

Flank Steak ain't one of my favorite cuts of meat but with a little pride and patience I managed to turn this one into something rather delicious!

I butterflied this guy and then pounded it out a good bit to break it down. I rubbed it down with a little EVOO and sprinkled on some Montreal Steak. I chopped an onion and sauteed it in butter and then added in a little garlic, chopped red and green bell pepper... spread that out on the flattened meat, added some crumbled bleu cheese and tied that puppy up. I seared it up on the outside on the indirect side of the grill and then finished it off on the indirect side for this delicious dinner treat.

Nice looking cook, John. You must be feeling better. Hope so!

You have answered something I had been wondering for a while.
We stuff brisket etc,and I had thought of using a flank, Ta mate

Nice! Flank steak is one of my favorite cuts due to flavor and price and fast to sear. Tender, juicy and makes great French dip or fajita's. Never tried stuffing one. I see that happening soon, Thanks.

First flank steak I ever had was at a buddy's house in Harligen, Tx. I thought he was a master cook as it was delicious and cooked as fajita's. Back then, you could buy all you wanted at a local H E B for less than a $1 a pound. It was basically thought of as dog food meat. Wish I could still get some at that price. (visions of freezer bulging at the seams). Good stuff and something I haven't had in a while. Good job there John!

Blessings,

Omar

Meat prices are simply SICK these days. If I remember correctly, I paid nearly $7/lb for that flank steak.

I will have to try this one, looks amazing

I suppose you could do this with flank steak, skirt steak, pretty much any of the so-called fajita cuts, no?

Back