View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 06:30 AM   #93
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
Keep everyone safe! I have a 4 month old granddaughter. We are being really careful.
Yes, plenty of caution around the young ones is important as they are more vulnerable than most of us to bad outcomes from Wuhan / Coronavirus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
I know some medical professionals that were saying last week that they had zero concerns. This week they are like our hospitals are at a 2. Next level is 3 and that includes mandatory body bags be stored all over the hospital. Not really sure what that means.
If you look at the number of people dying from this compared to flu, it is hard to understand the panic outside of small pockets of poor containment, especially in the USA. The bigger risk for the vast majority of medical facilities is the lack of support equipment to handle large patient loads.

On the flip side, just because you have a sore throat, running nose and, body aches does not mean you have an active case of Wuhan / Coronavirus. My sister has these symptoms and stayed home from work but, hasn't even bothered to go to her doctor. Is she a Wuhan spreader? Probably not as her exposure is most likely common FLU and unlike the person who coughed on her is staying home.